We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.463 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 19  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 01-10-17 11:52 PM EDT (US)         
Australia: The Land Where Everything IS Trying to Kill You

THAT’S right everyone- of course I would do an Australian themed Holy Roman Party. Or should I say HOLY AUSTRALIAN PARTY! Australia is the land of Dangerous Animals, dangerous weather, and dangerous women! Our cemeteries are so full cause everyone is dying to get in them! It’s a land where most of the people believe that centuries of injustice to the aboriginal peoples can be wiped away by a little apology!

Oh, and by the by, Australia’s military record is pretty good too! You would expect people from a land where the weather, women and animals are so dangerous to be pretty decent shots- and hardy! Aussies and New Zealanders paired together in World War One creating one of the world’s most iconic and instantly recognised acronyms- ANZAC. Australia is proud (and very defensive) of its ANZAC tradition- so fine travellers, when you get to Australia don’t mention that most of our troops in WW1 were aggressive and violent thieves and brawlers, even though they most certainly were!

Although Australians love to break the rules, these are some that cannot be broken in this thread:

1.Don’t be a flamin Galah (look this up if necessary)! No Flaming

2.Trolls were left behind in Europe due to the lack of space on the convict ships. No Trolling

3.Fishing is one of Australia’s prime industries, we just don’t like competition. No Baiting

4.We really tire of hearing how we are all descended from convicts- so don’t tell us more then once a week! No double posting unless a week has passed

5.Only the golden oldies still love a nice tin of heavily processed meat! No Spam

6.We landed on Australia because we stole rule 6.

7.And then once released we went and stole rule 7.

8.Here in Aussie, a bit of stupidity- like trying to tickle a brown snake, can get you killed. No Stupidity! But the long hot days need a bit of humour to help them pass. Silliness, on the other hand, is allowed

Winners of the Order of Australia:
100: DominicusUltimus
476:
500:
1000:
1066:
1337:
1415:
1500:
1788:
1901:
2000:
2500:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-16-2017 @ 01:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 03-10-20 11:10 AM EDT (US)     376 / 463       
I know the feeling.

It seems the last two weeks have not been my own. Notice date of last post- that's how long it has been since I had time online.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 03-10-20 07:34 PM EDT (US)     377 / 463       
I was almost worried you'd gone a-viking permanently, or otherwise disappeared. Glad to see you back in the Tavern.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 03-11-20 12:49 PM EDT (US)     378 / 463       
Some rough seas, and those damned dragonships still have no wifi.

Or engines, for that matter, apart from the oars.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 03-27-20 01:11 PM EDT (US)     379 / 463       
Still kicking, and still dodging that damned crown thingeemabob.

How are y'all holding up?

General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 03-28-20 02:22 AM EDT (US)     380 / 463       
Still going to work four days a week- my company's been deemed essential- and working from home the other. Traffic's been a lot better for my commute...

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 03-28-20 10:30 AM EDT (US)     381 / 463       
My company supports other companies, some of whom are hospitals and such. So I am working five days a week, normal times.

The only real difference is that the commuting is now really close to what TomTom says it is supposed to take, not a half hour extra per 20 miles...

Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 04-02-20 03:37 AM EDT (US)     382 / 463       
I'm working from home atm, which means I have a decent machine in my house for the first time in years. Re-installed RTW for a bit of nostalgia, but unfortunately it runs like a total dog for some reason, which is weird because Shogun 2 seems to run perfectly fine on the highest settings

house won this
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 04-02-20 11:39 AM EDT (US)     383 / 463       
Could it be a compatibility issue? The game was made for older Windows versions, after all.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 04-03-20 08:05 AM EDT (US)     384 / 463       
Yeah maybe, I don't think it likes my big resolution or having multiple monitors to be honest.

house won this
Pitt
Commodore
posted 04-03-20 08:16 AM EDT (US)     385 / 463       
Holy Coronavirus, Batman!

I’m still going in to work pretty much every day. The main difference is I’m driving every one of those days rather than catching public transport for most of them.

Theoretically I could work from home, but our remote-access system wasn’t brilliant to begin with, and is collapsing under the weight of so many people trying to use it. And I still have deadlines to meet. And am not very productive working from home.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins

[This message has been edited by Pitt (edited 04-03-2020 @ 08:17 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 04-03-20 12:28 PM EDT (US)     386 / 463       
I drive in to work every day, too.

I am amazed at the traffic between The Hague and Rotterdam these days- there is none. Only once there was a stau (traffic jam-up) on that road, and amazingly enough, it was the only stau in the entire country. And I was lucky enough to be in it!

General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 04-05-20 08:47 PM EDT (US)     387 / 463       
Jax, I assume you installed the Steam version of RTW? Also, have you adjusted the resolution in the configuration file?

Jax
HG Monument
posted 04-09-20 05:50 AM EDT (US)     388 / 463       
Yes, and no. Is that a thing you can do? I'm not really super invested in getting it to work to be honest, but thanks for the tip.
And am not very productive working from home.
Me neither normally, but I rinsed my office for literally everything I could fit in my car (laptop, monitors, chair etc) the day before it shut and with a decent setup at home I'm actually doing pretty well.

house won this
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 04-13-20 09:55 PM EDT (US)     389 / 463       
It's a very simple change (though I won't guarantee that it will fix your issues). Go to the preferences file (path will be something like C:\Program Files\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\preferences), open it, and change Strategy_Resolution, Strategy_Max_Resolution, Battle_Resolution, and Battle_Max_Resolution all to the correct resolution for your screen.

I've been working from home one day a week and so far been fairly productive those days. Then again, a big part of my job is supporting production and they often come to me for help with issues they run into, so working from home reduced those distractions.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 04-19-20 02:00 PM EDT (US)     390 / 463       
Woah boy, I had forgot just how addictive Mount & Blade can be for me. With Bannerlord releasing into Early Access after many long years, I have been reacquainting myself with the lands of Calradia. Bannerlord's horse archer AI is far more competent at being left to do its own thing than it was in Warband, and can form a near continuous Cantabrian Circle around infantry and archers when amassed in enough numbers. Getting involved in large thousand-man battles and sieges truly is a sight to behold!

Already a bunch of cool mods out there too, so can't wait to see how things will be by the time the game is feature complete and everything. 10/10, would ride with the Khuzait Horse Archers or participate in a giant Sturgian shield wall again.
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 04-19-20 11:35 PM EDT (US)     391 / 463       
I remember playing the first one and having a heck of a time mastering the controls, so I didn't really get into it. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot one of these days.

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 04-19-2020 @ 11:38 PM).]

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 04-20-20 06:03 AM EDT (US)     392 / 463       
Depending on what issues you were having with the controls Bannerlord might be a bit easier to get to grips with some day thanks to the improved user interface and such. If it is horses or the directional combat system though, then I am afraid that one will probably just take practice to get to grips with.

The new and improved sieges are great though, even if the AI's pathfinding currently needs a bit of fixing to work better with Siege Towers. There's a visual Fire Arrows mod released that makes the night time siege battles look absolutely glorious. The battering ram, ladders, and other siege weapons (e.g. Catapults) usually work great though... Well, as long as you know how to aim said catapult shots since I have seen a few players take out their own Siege Towers with a misplaced shot.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 04-29-20 11:48 AM EDT (US)     393 / 463       
aaaahhhhh nostalgiaaaaaa

How is everyone? 😁

Testing: do contemporary emojis even work here? 🤔

• EDORIX •
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

*tegos, -esos, noun, neuter. house.
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 04-29-20 01:08 PM EDT (US)     394 / 463       
Apparently yes, yes they do. In before Edorix has actually broken these hollowed forums with the use of this "modern technology".
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 04-29-20 08:02 PM EDT (US)     395 / 463       
I'm only seeing a box at the end of your last sentence, so I'm guessing not entirely.

Things must be getting pretty bad if you've taken to the forums for entertainment

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 04-30-20 10:53 AM EDT (US)     396 / 463       
Well it is kind of hard to maintain social distancing measures whilst raiding another clan's herds.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 04-30-20 12:23 PM EDT (US)     397 / 463       
Not really.

You go to the herd you desire, the other guys come out to stop you. They break the law by coming within 1,5 meters, so you kill them. Now they are no longer alive to spread potential plagues, the herd has nobody to care for it, thus due to the previous owner's lack of social distancing, you get everything you want- fresh air, a new herd, and a bit of melee to get the old blood pumping around vigourously.

Everybody (except the previous herd owners) wins.

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 05-03-20 08:35 AM EDT (US)     398 / 463       
Things must be getting pretty bad if you've taken to the forums for entertainment
On the contrary! It's just that I have an alarm set to go off every six months to remind me to pop by and say hi.

• EDORIX •
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

*tegos, -esos, noun, neuter. house.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 05-07-20 12:22 PM EDT (US)     399 / 463       
And we appreciate it.

I have a rooster here that does the same thing on a daily basis.

Mostly.

Sometimes he does it too early and ends up in the soup.

But we always get another.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 05-19-20 10:54 AM EDT (US)     400 / 463       
@General Sajaru: I finally got round to making that change for RTW and it runs a lot better now, thanks.

Unfortunately I still have one problem in that it doesn't seem to work very well with multiple monitors at all - I have three, and if I move my mouse anywhere near the bottom or right of the game screen it doesn't lock to the Rome window, so clicking causes the game to minimise. I realise RTW is quite an old game but it's pretty frustrating given that it's on Steam.

house won this
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 19  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames