We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.463 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 19  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 01-10-17 11:52 PM EDT (US)         
Australia: The Land Where Everything IS Trying to Kill You

THAT’S right everyone- of course I would do an Australian themed Holy Roman Party. Or should I say HOLY AUSTRALIAN PARTY! Australia is the land of Dangerous Animals, dangerous weather, and dangerous women! Our cemeteries are so full cause everyone is dying to get in them! It’s a land where most of the people believe that centuries of injustice to the aboriginal peoples can be wiped away by a little apology!

Oh, and by the by, Australia’s military record is pretty good too! You would expect people from a land where the weather, women and animals are so dangerous to be pretty decent shots- and hardy! Aussies and New Zealanders paired together in World War One creating one of the world’s most iconic and instantly recognised acronyms- ANZAC. Australia is proud (and very defensive) of its ANZAC tradition- so fine travellers, when you get to Australia don’t mention that most of our troops in WW1 were aggressive and violent thieves and brawlers, even though they most certainly were!

Although Australians love to break the rules, these are some that cannot be broken in this thread:

1.Don’t be a flamin Galah (look this up if necessary)! No Flaming

2.Trolls were left behind in Europe due to the lack of space on the convict ships. No Trolling

3.Fishing is one of Australia’s prime industries, we just don’t like competition. No Baiting

4.We really tire of hearing how we are all descended from convicts- so don’t tell us more then once a week! No double posting unless a week has passed

5.Only the golden oldies still love a nice tin of heavily processed meat! No Spam

6.We landed on Australia because we stole rule 6.

7.And then once released we went and stole rule 7.

8.Here in Aussie, a bit of stupidity- like trying to tickle a brown snake, can get you killed. No Stupidity! But the long hot days need a bit of humour to help them pass. Silliness, on the other hand, is allowed

Winners of the Order of Australia:
100: DominicusUltimus
476:
500:
1000:
1066:
1337:
1415:
1500:
1788:
1901:
2000:
2500:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-16-2017 @ 01:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 08-31-19 12:19 PM EDT (US)     326 / 463       
Thou does have a few months to remember. Failing that, a new one will arrive and thou may make new memories of which to proudly boast here in these halls.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 09-30-19 11:57 AM EDT (US)     327 / 463       
Warms my heart that this place is still kicking! Now back to my slumber.

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 10-02-19 01:06 PM EDT (US)     328 / 463       
Sleep well, Hannibal.

These halls remain standing.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 10-04-19 12:30 PM EDT (US)     329 / 463       
Just passing through, and I thought I should post; so Terikel can post again.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 10-05-19 06:32 AM EDT (US)     330 / 463       
You always were so considerate. Thank you.

I still remember walking through that wet field of wheat, wondering if some farmer with a shotgun would take offense at trespassers... But we found Vetera and the Ghosts. That was all that mattered.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 10-29-19 02:06 PM EDT (US)     331 / 463       
Just back from Barcelona. What a lovely city! Nice beaches, great food, excellent beer, lots of wine, pretty girls, and lots and lots of street vendors, just like in the old days.

Only ships now use the harbor and not the beaches, the food and beer you have to pay for, the wine is not as thick as it was but the girls can be. About the only thing the same as in my day was the street vendors hawking wares among the passers-by and running from the local Guardia Urbana when they happen by.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 11-12-19 12:10 PM EDT (US)     332 / 463       
I spent last weekend drinking blond beer in a pub with some fellow HG people. It was a nice time. My gods how they changed, though. I, of course, received compliments for being timeless.

If only they knew...

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 11-27-19 11:56 AM EDT (US)     333 / 463       
Is it my turn already?

I complete a Quadruple Post!

That has got to be some sort of record.

Life here is busy. Black Friday is coming up. The Dutch are going mad with sales and special offers and the like. I, for my part, am laughing my ass off. These people are celebrating Black Friday without celebrating the preceding holiday of Thanksgiving, which on a Thursday, causes Black Friday.

Its like going apeshit over whipped cream without putting it on the pumpkin pie first.

General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 11-28-19 12:13 PM EDT (US)     334 / 463       
Some people like whipped cream by itself, Terikel. Though it is rather odd that there are Black Friday sales in the Netherlands. I guess US consumerism is wearing off on them.

And happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 11-28-19 03:34 PM EDT (US)     335 / 463       
That is true, maybe it was a poor analogy. Maybe a better one is to enjoy a barrel without the beer inside it?

Anyway, we ate turkey and cranberry jam and did it right. Tomorrow the clean up and the sales.

General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 12-02-19 03:29 PM EDT (US)     336 / 463       
Did you end up buying anything on Black Friday? I got a new monitor for my computer, since my current one only has a VGA hookup, which causes compatibility issues sometimes.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12-04-19 08:58 AM EDT (US)     337 / 463       
Not a thing except for some mead.

I did spend a lot of time looking, though. Just nothing interested me after all that frikking hype about BLACK FRIDAY! all over the place.

To me, Black Friday was the day the French wiped out the Knights Templar. Now that was a really black day for the Knights.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 12-25-19 08:18 AM EDT (US)     338 / 463       
Merry Christmas to one and all! Hope your 2019 has been wonderful to you and that 2020 proves to be even better for you. My 2019 has been fairly bleh to put it politely, so hoping to have a much better 2020 when the new year rolls around.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12-26-19 04:44 AM EDT (US)     339 / 463       
I am always up for a better new year. 2019 was a good one, but like some of the hard-ass kinglets I have served have said, there is always room for improvement.

I have just realized that this thread is almost three years old. And only on post 339? I think we should scrap that wait-a-week between double posts in order to get any momentum going at all. I can post something inane every day then, and we can then reach 2500 posts within another... 6 years? Maybe with vacations and voyages, we can have it done before it reaches a decennium?

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 12-26-19 07:45 AM EDT (US)     340 / 463       
2020 resolution for the forum, post something each day so that Terikel can post something inane each day.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12-26-19 10:07 AM EDT (US)     341 / 463       
I do like the team spirit!

Yes, let's!

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 12-26-19 11:03 PM EDT (US)     342 / 463       
Time to get cracking, we'll reach that target in no time with some effort.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12-27-19 01:16 PM EDT (US)     343 / 463       
Well, this is really something- being able to post a mere day after last.

It reminds me of that time that I... Oh, that is inappropriate for a PG-13 forum.

Well, today was fun. I got to drive a small vehicle with two long prongs in the front and use it to stab at flt wooden boxes then toss them and their load into metal shelves. Quite fun, actually. A huge freightwagon came in the other day, and I got to stab its load all over the place. And when I was done, it was as if the wagon was never here. Except for the formerly empty places now being filled with cardboard squares and the wreckage of the wooden boxes.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 12-28-19 02:55 AM EDT (US)     344 / 463       
If you had mentioned having Forklift races I would have to have done a double take and ask if you were Shenmue's Ryo Hazuki, haha.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12-28-19 11:52 AM EDT (US)     345 / 463       
Normally I deal with small boxes, and on occasion drive the pronged buggy. It is as close as I can come to driving a tank again. These past few weeks, though, it has been pronged buggy almost all day, every day.

Not that I mind, though. It beats the alternative. And those things require a lot of energy, so while it rests, so do I. Coffee anyone?

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 12-30-19 10:12 AM EDT (US)     346 / 463       
So, anyone been watching The Witcher on Netflix? Got me replaying through The Witcher 3 again during the festive break, haha. Also been playing around with some Total War with the 30 Years War mod for Medieval II.
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 01-01-20 01:04 AM EDT (US)     347 / 463       
Happy New Year everyone!

I don't have a Netflix subscription, but I've heard good things about the show.

Did you ever play the first two Witcher games? I played the first one a little but wasn't able to get into it due to the controls.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 01-01-20 06:03 AM EDT (US)     348 / 463       
One of my Terikelings has gotten me hooked on the series Lucifer.

There are things in that show that make me wonder. Could it be that I am not human? How else my longevity? So am I angelspawn, or demonspawn?

Or my favorite: a little of both.

Digression aside, as I fire up Netflix in order to study the universe through the camera of Lucifer, I see trailers and adverts for that Witcher series. I did not know it was a game first, but should have known. The graphics look good, and the action from the bit I see looks nice (blood makes the grass grow), but I have yet to watch an episode of that.

I am about halfway through Lucifer now.

I shall inform you when I reach the end, or if I get any epiphanies along the way.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 01-05-20 05:15 AM EDT (US)     349 / 463       
"Did you ever play the first two Witcher games? I played the first one a little but wasn't able to get into it due to the controls."
Yeah, the first game can be a bit difficult to get into these days due to the controls and being one of CDProjekt's very first games. The second game controls much more like the third game, so is easier to get into (or go back to) than the first game.
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 01-05-20 07:58 PM EDT (US)     350 / 463       
Does playing the first two add much/quite a bit to the experience of the third? I'm under the impression that they're roughly sequential and was inclined to make my way through all three in order.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 19  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames