We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.457 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 01-10-17 11:52 PM EDT (US)         
Australia: The Land Where Everything IS Trying to Kill You

THAT’S right everyone- of course I would do an Australian themed Holy Roman Party. Or should I say HOLY AUSTRALIAN PARTY! Australia is the land of Dangerous Animals, dangerous weather, and dangerous women! Our cemeteries are so full cause everyone is dying to get in them! It’s a land where most of the people believe that centuries of injustice to the aboriginal peoples can be wiped away by a little apology!

Oh, and by the by, Australia’s military record is pretty good too! You would expect people from a land where the weather, women and animals are so dangerous to be pretty decent shots- and hardy! Aussies and New Zealanders paired together in World War One creating one of the world’s most iconic and instantly recognised acronyms- ANZAC. Australia is proud (and very defensive) of its ANZAC tradition- so fine travellers, when you get to Australia don’t mention that most of our troops in WW1 were aggressive and violent thieves and brawlers, even though they most certainly were!

Although Australians love to break the rules, these are some that cannot be broken in this thread:

1.Don’t be a flamin Galah (look this up if necessary)! No Flaming

2.Trolls were left behind in Europe due to the lack of space on the convict ships. No Trolling

3.Fishing is one of Australia’s prime industries, we just don’t like competition. No Baiting

4.We really tire of hearing how we are all descended from convicts- so don’t tell us more then once a week! No double posting unless a week has passed

5.Only the golden oldies still love a nice tin of heavily processed meat! No Spam

6.We landed on Australia because we stole rule 6.

7.And then once released we went and stole rule 7.

8.Here in Aussie, a bit of stupidity- like trying to tickle a brown snake, can get you killed. No Stupidity! But the long hot days need a bit of humour to help them pass. Silliness, on the other hand, is allowed

Winners of the Order of Australia:
100: DominicusUltimus
476:
500:
1000:
1066:
1337:
1415:
1500:
1788:
1901:
2000:
2500:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-16-2017 @ 01:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 01-30-17 11:37 AM EDT (US)     26 / 457       
Actually, that is how it worked in every election up to this one.

One won, the other lost, then the parties join hands and worked together for the good of the nation.

In this instance, the Donald was the victor. Hillary was the losing candidate, and nobody is interested in working together. That is what I find disturbing.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 01-30-17 09:19 PM EDT (US)     27 / 457       
As the Australian nation is totally reliant upon the US both for Trade and defence- i find some of the things happening truely abhorrent. What i think many people dont fully comprehend is that what happens in the US directly and massively impacts upon the rest of the world due to its super-power status. But anyway, as an Australian with no voice in US affairs- i cant really have a true opinion- i can only work towards my ideology in my own nation through the democratic process.

But i do sense a growing power in the 'Far Right' that worries me to no end...

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-10-17 11:34 AM EDT (US)     28 / 457       
Now that the onslaught of the Spambiots has been beaten back, this Party Thread may resume.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 02-10-17 02:17 PM EDT (US)     29 / 457       
Whose idea was the party thread in the first place? Like the genesis thread?

Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 02-13-17 02:41 AM EDT (US)     30 / 457       
Think it was from back in AoKH someone made an OT thread. Of course everyone on the forums then was 13 years old so almost certainly it was awful.

house won this
Pitt
Commodore
posted 02-19-17 05:48 PM EDT (US)     31 / 457       
I rather like the edit to the latest spambot.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Drakontos
Mariner
posted 02-20-17 01:41 PM EDT (US)     32 / 457       
Australia should not be rejoicing. They aren't the ones with a new continent!

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-21-17 10:50 AM EDT (US)     33 / 457       
Welcome back, Drak.

The spambiots are getting clever. Still no better in language usage, but they are giving incredibly erotic ideas with how they misform the English language. I just go where the advert leads...

General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 02-25-17 05:05 AM EDT (US)     34 / 457       
Or maybe they should be rejoicing, since they're no longer connected to New Zealand. Welcome back Drak!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-25-17 10:57 AM EDT (US)     35 / 457       
They both make good beer. That is reason enough to celebrate!

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-28-17 03:24 AM EDT (US)     36 / 457       
Blimey, it actually finished? I was sure it was going to last until the end of time

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-28-17 05:49 AM EDT (US)     37 / 457       
This one might. But we shall try to avoid that.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-28-17 09:05 AM EDT (US)     38 / 457       
How we all doing anyway?

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 02-28-17 03:42 PM EDT (US)     39 / 457       
Decent. Today i am starting my 4th year of University (the scary Honours year). I am a bit apprehensive. ALOT of work to be done in the next year

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-01-17 06:09 AM EDT (US)     40 / 457       
If you've been fine before now, you'll be fine again. Just work harder.

I've applied to go back to uni and do a masters in Toxicology actually. I'll know in a few weeks

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 03-01-17 12:40 PM EDT (US)     41 / 457       
Good luck.

I know a few good poisoners. Shall I have them look you up and share their art?

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-01-17 04:49 PM EDT (US)     42 / 457       
Please do!

Pitt
Commodore
posted 03-02-17 07:20 AM EDT (US)     43 / 457       
The extent of my knowledge of toxicology is that I watched an Alice Cooper music video.

That, and Mithridates of course.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Ischenous
Mariner
posted 03-02-17 05:07 PM EDT (US)     44 / 457       
I've simultaneously found my masters harder and easier than undergrad. Still got my project to go though, that should be fun.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-03-17 09:25 AM EDT (US)     45 / 457       
You still at the same uni, Isch?

Lenardius VII
Mariner
posted 03-04-17 07:05 AM EDT (US)     46 / 457       
So I haven't been on in like many years. I don't think I've missed much apart from some troublemakers before that I'm sure finally got banned. lol

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Ischenous
Mariner
posted 03-04-17 07:24 PM EDT (US)     47 / 457       
Nope, I'm actually at UoB now. By league rankings I 'upgraded'

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-05-17 05:46 AM EDT (US)     48 / 457       
Huh, I still live in Brum. I'm actually applying to do a masters for next year too!

You in a house or halls? And/or not bothered to join the archery club?

Ischenous
Mariner
posted 03-05-17 06:48 AM EDT (US)     49 / 457       
Nah, I decided two clubs would be too hard to keep up with, and I've been fencing far longer than archery and I let my fencing go a lot at NTU. I'm currently living in a house close to uni.

Assuming you go back, you'll actually get to use the sports centre they still haven't finished. I first heard about that like 5 years ago nearly in my first year when I came up for a BUCs match and its still not done. I'm fairly annoyed about it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-05-17 09:41 AM EDT (US)     50 / 457       
I get regular updates about how it gets pushed back from friends and my girlfriend who now works for the postgraduate office. It's hilarious.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames