Weíre sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH Ľ

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.332 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 01-10-17 11:52 PM EDT (US)         
Australia: The Land Where Everything IS Trying to Kill You

THATíS right everyone- of course I would do an Australian themed Holy Roman Party. Or should I say HOLY AUSTRALIAN PARTY! Australia is the land of Dangerous Animals, dangerous weather, and dangerous women! Our cemeteries are so full cause everyone is dying to get in them! Itís a land where most of the people believe that centuries of injustice to the aboriginal peoples can be wiped away by a little apology!

Oh, and by the by, Australiaís military record is pretty good too! You would expect people from a land where the weather, women and animals are so dangerous to be pretty decent shots- and hardy! Aussies and New Zealanders paired together in World War One creating one of the worldís most iconic and instantly recognised acronyms- ANZAC. Australia is proud (and very defensive) of its ANZAC tradition- so fine travellers, when you get to Australia donít mention that most of our troops in WW1 were aggressive and violent thieves and brawlers, even though they most certainly were!

Although Australians love to break the rules, these are some that cannot be broken in this thread:

1.Donít be a flamin Galah (look this up if necessary)! No Flaming

2.Trolls were left behind in Europe due to the lack of space on the convict ships. No Trolling

3.Fishing is one of Australiaís prime industries, we just donít like competition. No Baiting

4.We really tire of hearing how we are all descended from convicts- so donít tell us more then once a week! No double posting unless a week has passed

5.Only the golden oldies still love a nice tin of heavily processed meat! No Spam

6.We landed on Australia because we stole rule 6.

7.And then once released we went and stole rule 7.

8.Here in Aussie, a bit of stupidity- like trying to tickle a brown snake, can get you killed. No Stupidity! But the long hot days need a bit of humour to help them pass. Silliness, on the other hand, is allowed

Winners of the Order of Australia:
100: DominicusUltimus
476:
500:
1000:
1066:
1337:
1415:
1500:
1788:
1901:
2000:
2500:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-16-2017 @ 01:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 01-09-19 12:38 PM EDT (US)     276 / 332       
It does seem like it is going to be a rather interesting game. I wonder how the changes they are making will play out- more lifelike, or for game balance? I am intrigued.

I doubt I will buy it. My aging rig is almost as old as I am. I am happy when RTW works without crashing.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 01-17-19 04:45 PM EDT (US)     277 / 332       
For anyone interested, here's an in-depth look at what Spies will be capable of in Total War: Three Kingdoms.

I've always thought of enemy spies as a nuisance in past Total War games, but now they'll be a serious (and entertaining) threat in 3K campaigns.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Pitt
Commodore
posted 01-18-19 03:53 AM EDT (US)     278 / 332       
I doubt I will buy it. My aging rig is almost as old as I am. I am happy when RTW works without crashing.
I am very much in the same boat, although mine seems to manage up to ETW without too much difficulty.

Maybe itís time to get a new computer, before my current one ends up about as up-to-date as an abacus.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 01-18-19 12:34 PM EDT (US)     279 / 332       
But will it still be able to do its job as long as the abacus has- several thousand years and counting?

Luckily for me, Elder Scrolls IV and RTW are the only games I play, and this rig handles those well enough.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Pitt
Commodore
posted 01-23-19 07:21 AM EDT (US)     280 / 332       
I suspect it will be slightly less durable.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 01-28-19 03:23 PM EDT (US)     281 / 332       
I will echo the chorus of stating that i need a new computer soon. i have already started saving: my goal is to get a nice Alienware or similar rig. But those are often several thousand dollars so i will sadly be saving for a while :/

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 01-29-19 11:24 AM EDT (US)     282 / 332       
You will soon be a doctor, and doctors earn tons of money.

I assume your wait will be not nearly as long as mine.

The Viking business has gone severely downhill these past ten centuries....

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 01-30-19 10:44 AM EDT (US)     283 / 332       
My desktop if an Alienware, but I bought it in 2011 so I don't use it for gaming anymore.

My laptop is about 4 years old, but it's a gaming laptop so it can still handle games today. I actually just finished playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake with both Leon and Claire the other night.

I don't mean to rub salt in any wounds, but I thought I'd share a video about the Heroes and the Guanxi system in Total War: Three Kingdoms. There are 5 Hero classes that a character can belong to and each of them have unique campaign and battle bonuses. For example, Champions give a boost to population growth and excel at fighting other heroes and leading spear & glaive infantry, while Strategists increase ammunition & supplies and unlock special unit formations for armies they're attached to. Any character can also become a Spy (assuming he or she is willing), so you can put a high level character in the global recruitment pool and lure one of your enemies into acquiring them.

The Guanxi system gives characters more depth than in any previous Total War game. Characters can forge bonds of brotherhood with each other or become bitter enemies. If a character in your faction grows dissatisfied enough, they can leave your faction and join one of your enemies. You can see it happen in the video below:

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair

[This message has been edited by DominicusUltimus (edited 01-30-2019 @ 10:44 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-02-19 07:48 AM EDT (US)     284 / 332       
That does look awesome.
Champions give a boost to population growth
It never ceases to amaze me how aroused the population can get simply by rubbing shoulders with a hero of any sort. That leads naturally to a boost in population about nine months later, which is interesting to see put into a game.

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 02-02-19 01:56 PM EDT (US)     285 / 332       
It never ceases to amaze me how aroused the population can get simply by rubbing shoulders with a hero of any sort. That leads naturally to a boost in population about nine months later, which is interesting to see put into a game.
I interpreted the population boost a different way and believed it was the champions taking advantage of their fame to sleep around.

General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 02-03-19 01:22 AM EDT (US)     286 / 332       
I got a new Alienware desktop in 2015, so I'm able to run pretty much all of the new games. However, I still haven't really played many of the new Total War games. I've played a bit of them, but I still like RTW the best.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-03-19 10:00 AM EDT (US)     287 / 332       
I interpreted the population boost a different way and believed it was the champions taking advantage of their fame to sleep around
This is what I said, too, though in different terms and not excluding the fact that the the lesser males might receive some extra luck once the females were suitably aroused by being in the presence of the hero.

It must be one hard-working hero with a phallus of steel who can single-handedly boost the population of an entire region in his lonesome.

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 02-03-19 05:15 PM EDT (US)     288 / 332       
It must be one hard-working hero with a phallus of steel who can single-handedly boost the population of an entire region in his lonesome.
Looks like we can add this as another reason why the campaign mode where characters can be one-man armies is called "Romance mode".
I got a new Alienware desktop in 2015, so I'm able to run pretty much all of the new games. However, I still haven't really played many of the new Total War games. I've played a bit of them, but I still like RTW the best.
It's been an age since I played RTW. Rome 2, Attila and Shogun 2 are the historical Total Wars that I play the most, all modded of course. Divide et Impera for Rome 2, Ancient Empires for Attila and Darthmod for Shogun 2.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-06-19 07:17 AM EDT (US)     289 / 332       
Good one!

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 02-08-19 01:58 AM EDT (US)     290 / 332       
Although i am excited for the new game, i doubt i will get it anytime soon unfortunately; especially given the price point :/

Been playing as much Hearts of Iron IV as i can lately though. Such a great game.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-10-19 11:20 AM EDT (US)     291 / 332       
I've been bouncing back and forth from Tamriel to RTW. No need for new games yet- these old buggers keep me well occupied.

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 02-12-19 09:56 PM EDT (US)     292 / 332       
A couple days late reporting this here, but Total War: Three Kingdoms has been delayed for a second time. The launch date for TW:3K is now May 23rd.

3K is the first Total War game have its release pushed back twice and while I was initially disappointed in this decision, I soon realized that this was actually the right move for CA to make. Though the additions and improvements to the campaign side of the game have been applauded, the battles have been met with a lot of criticism. Specifically, unit sizes, AI behavior, combat animations and unit card art (which is basically an empty silhouette of a unit with only its weapons colored) have been met with concern and criticism from a lot of fans and several prominent YouTubers who were invited by CA to play an earlier build of the game a few weeks ago.

Hopefully this delay will allow CA to polish the game, address the key issues I mentioned and avoid a controversial launch similar to what happened with Empire: Total War and Total War: Rome 2.

Nanodude
Mariner
(id: geodude)
posted 02-13-19 06:43 AM EDT (US)     293 / 332       
I approve of this post. This is my submission to the Australia is deadly.

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever visited this Heaven before. Hi.

<3
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-13-19 12:32 PM EDT (US)     294 / 332       
Welcome, Nanodude.

Nanodude
Mariner
posted 02-14-19 06:59 AM EDT (US)     295 / 332       
Familiar names and can't really remember anyone. Gotta love that.

<3
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-18-19 12:24 PM EDT (US)     296 / 332       
At my age, that is normal.

Nanodude
Mariner
posted 02-20-19 06:57 AM EDT (US)     297 / 332       
Considering we've been here for around the same time

<3
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-21-19 12:32 PM EDT (US)     298 / 332       
True, but I was ancient before I came here.

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 03-06-19 03:11 AM EDT (US)     299 / 332       
Booked in my wedding venue and dates lads: 16th of August 2020! Nice to finally have a date and place booked!

Pitt
Commodore
posted 03-07-19 05:38 AM EDT (US)     300 / 332       
Exciting times!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames