We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.101 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Of God and Kings: Reformation Map Game
Bottom
Topic Subject:Of God and Kings: Reformation Map Game
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-08-14 01:33 PM EDT (US)         
The World on January 1, 1520

The Catholic church has become corrupt and bloated. So much so that a monk named Martin Luther has found 95 issues with the church and nailed them to a door. The Pope has ordered him to recant, but Luther has dared to defy the church. Luther is also begining to find supporters and gain a following. History is about to change, how will nations react?

The Great Powers
The Papacy(Popeychops): The Catholic church controls the majority of the European world, but, it has it's own problems. Many people are starting to feel that the church is becoming bloated and corrupt. Up until Martin Luther, none of the sever critics have been reachable and killable, but Luther is being protected by the duke of Saxony.

Spain(Excelsior): Ruled by the Habsburg family, the traditional Holy Roman Emperors, Spain has risen to be the most powerful European country with their holdings in the New World. Charles V, the one and true king of Spain, also has familial ties with Austria and England. Spain's major rival of the day is the Valois held France. Charles V is a devout Catholic.

England(Awesome Eagle): Ruled by Henry VIII, England is an island nation. England's navy is considered one of the best in the world. The English have a long drawn rivalry with the French. Which has made war seem eminent, up until recently that is. Henry has been seeking an alliance with the French at the suggestion of his trusted adviser Wolsey. Henry is a devout Catholic and is writing a book denouncing the reformer Martin Luther. Henry's wife, a relative of Charles V, has been unable to bear children.

France(Alex the Bold): Ruled by Francis of the Valois family, France has been one of the most powerful countries in Europe since the Hundred Years War. France has a rivalry with Spain and England.

The Lesser Powers

Scotland(Lucius Julius): Currently ruled by a regent and in the Shadow of England, Scotland may face civil war over the who has more control over the future King.

Austria(Punic Hebil): Austria is one of the major electors of the Holy Roman Empire, and is currently ruled by Ferdinand II who also has a claim to the Hungarian throne through marriage.

Wallachia(Dominicus Ultimus): currently allied with
the Hungarians and supported by the Ottomans. Wallachia is a member of the Orthodox church. It also supplies the Ottomans with military supplies.

Sweden(Jetkill): Sweden is facing invasion by Denmark and is currently outmatched and on the verge of losing the conflict.

Bavaria(Hannibal): one of the electors to the Holy Roman Emperor, Bavaria holds some minor power in the Empire.

The Rules

Basically, as long as it makes sense you can do it, I reserve the right to make things more interesting(who wants alien invasions?) if I so choose though I'll try to make the random events more historical than fiction. Please bold your commands using [b][/b]. Every Saturday marks the end of a year, but I will post in between them.

If anyone has any issues(or if I missed someone) let me know.

[This message has been edited by Scenter102 (edited 11-08-2014 @ 03:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 11-14-14 07:05 PM EDT (US)     51 / 101       
[Secret]Wallachia
Ferdinand greets the news warmly, and will keep this in mind if or when an invasion occurs. [/Secret]

Bavaria Bohemia shall not get in the way of relations between Austria and Bavaria (though mainly because I don't see why it would, I know very little and may have missed something, but Bohemia's crown will only fall to the Hapsburgs after Louis II dies and it falls to Ferdinand I, and I think I'm playing as his son, Ferdinand II. Unless I got something wrong, please tell me Scenter, I am Ferdinand II right?). Indeed, although our people have struggled for power, more important matters exist that need both of our attentions. Petty squabbles over small amounts of land, resources and people should pale in comparison against the Muslim threat against Catholics and Christians in the Balkans in the form of the Ottomans. Ferdinand extends a hand of friendship and mutual cooperation, as long as the rulers of Bavaria agree to side with the Hapsburgs when it eventually comes time to elect a Holy Roman Emperor. If they agree, then the men of Austria will come to Bavaria's aid in her time of need, as well as help in ventures deemed profitable as long as Austria isn't embroiled in war herself.

Ferdinand puts out an order that war materials are to be gathered for the next year should hostilities break out. Calivers and arquebus shall be made alongside melee weapons such as the Katzbalger short sword and pikes as well as a plenthora of crossbows and bolts, and food stuffs and fodder for animals gathered to last an army of roughly 10,000 for a month and a half. If the treasury can support it, a core group of 1,100 men will permanently be kept armed in typical Landsknecht fashion, though drilled to a higher standard than regular formations.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-15-14 10:07 AM EDT (US)     52 / 101       
January 1, 1521

Everyone

The Ottomans have decided to advance into Greece, finding easy conquest. Small pockets of resistance remain.

Sweden

The preparations have begun for the counter-offensive, your generals feel that victory will be assured. The Danish have heard rumor that the Germans plan to join and has planned accordingly.

Wallachia

The militia is trained.

France

Portugal graciously accepts the offer and asks that the marriage occur as soon as possible.

The clergy laugh at your note and continue to refuse to send the books.

As you begin to travel out of the city your party is ambushed, you lose a lot of your household guard, but your family is unscathed. The dead carry no insignia, but they were surely Italian.

Papacy

The richer clergy members state that it is all hogwash and ask for(closer to demand actually) Luther's execution as a heretic. The poorer members say that Luther's critiques should be considered.

Scotland

The Highlanders realize their mistake, but decide that they must fight so that they can protect themselves from future taxes.

Your forces can match the rebels, but a few nobles seem to have sympathy for the rebels.

Austria

The army training is started.

England

Some nobles express their worry about the Scottish rebellion spreading into English lands.

The road construction is ahead of schedule and will be done in 3 years.

Spain

The Ottoman lords refuse the emigration of the Christians in their land, fearing that hey maybe used against them in a war.
The navy improvements have begun.

Bavaria

The army is trained and ready for combat at your command.

===========================================================
I'll work on the map later. The next year-tick will be Friday because I'm scheduled all day Saturday.
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 11-15-14 10:23 AM EDT (US)     53 / 101       
The richer clergy members state that it is all hogwash and ask for(closer to demand actually) Luther's execution as a heretic
His Holiness is furious at the demand for the execution of a man of the cloth without any evidence. These rebellious clergy are demanded to explain the nature of Luther's heresies, since his theses are worded in a tactfully ambiguous manner.

His Holiness reminds the clergy that previous reform of indulgences has been found to be in accordance with the Will of God, by the Fourth Lateran Council.

In particular, Thesis 20 makes clear the extent of the reform Luther demands, and the spokesman of the Catholic Church against Luther, Cardinal Cajetan, was highly critical of the sale of indulgences.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 11-15-2014 @ 10:27 AM).]

Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-15-14 06:46 PM EDT (US)     54 / 101       
The Regent is glad that the Highlanders realise their mistake but is unhappy about them deciding to fight. He requests that all clan leaders in the rebellion to meet The Regent at Perth so they can discuss how to resolve the rebellion peacefully. He also promises their safety.

[secret] The Regent asks King Francis that if the rebellious Highlanders refuse to negotiate then could the King of France send 2500 cavalry and 4000 French infantry, all trained to perfection. If Francis does this then The Regent will pay their wages until they return to France. [secret]

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

We all die in the end, it only matters when and how - Me

Roma Invicta!
Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 11-16-14 08:15 AM EDT (US)     55 / 101       
SCOTLAND
[secret]The king warns the Regent that putting down the rebellion using foreign troops will only make the Highlanders more stubborn and determined. However, he is willing to send the Scots of the Scottish Guard along with some master gunsmiths and 5 siege cannons.[secret]

POPE
King Francis sends a letter to the Pope, stating his intention of taking the cross against the Barbary pirates of Northern Africa, who enjoy the support of the Ottoman Sultan. He wishes to know whether the Pope will give him his blessing. It is implied that in exchange,the king is willing to give the Papal states a loan of 2000 florins for the reorganisation of the Papal army.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_Bold (edited 11-16-2014 @ 08:16 AM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 11-16-14 02:58 PM EDT (US)     56 / 101       
King Henry assembles his novels in the throne room for his speech:
[secret]"My lords and nobles, what a magnificent kingdom we control. Indeed it is the envy of many kings and queens, and what a privilege it is to sit at its head, with you my loyal commanders. I am truly blessed by our lord God. But now is not the time to rest on our accomplishments- content to rule over what we already have. My plans are many and detailed, and will involve conquest, treasure and power throughout the known world. It will be a hard road- one of sophisticated diplomacy, and military skill. Some old enemies like France will be disarmed not with force, but with diplomacy so that we may turn out gaze to other fields of battle. So what I ask for from you my lords, is your faith and obedience, as together we strive for a new period of prosperity, power and hegemony.[secret]

It is excellent news from my chief architect, and he is given a large monetary gift in order to show our appreciation. Henry also asks the estimation of how long it would take to build a series of better roads into Wales as well as improving the port facilities therein to better supply our troops in Ireland.

The army of Henry, now called the Guardsmen(hehe), is to be extended by another 5000 troops in the same ratio: 3500 infantry, 1000 archers and 500 cavalry. A regiment of artillery is also added boasting 10 cannons. This recruitment may be completed at the end of the year.

[secret]A emissary is sent north to the highland novels currently in revolt, to ascertain if they need English assistance in terms of weapons or military advisors in order to assist in their noble fight against the despotic Regent[secret]

With the new transports added to the fleet, they are ordered to begin to carry arms, armor and food to the army in Ireland in greater quantities.

A rough estimation is asked as to the military power of the Irish states by Henry to his spymaster.

Henry asks his court officials of it is possible for his daughter to inherit the throne when Henry passes, since he does not have a son?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-16-14 03:13 PM EDT (US)     57 / 101       
The Regent accepts King Francis offer, he will also pay their wages until they return.

The Regent requests King Henry VIII to stay out of Scottish politics and land until the rebellion is put down.

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

Roma Invicta!

[This message has been edited by Lucius Julius (edited 11-17-2014 @ 00:21 AM).]

Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 11-16-14 03:42 PM EDT (US)     58 / 101       
inb4 Aztecs invade

The Duke holds a gathering for all of the officers of the army, and makes a rousing speech that makes stone go into a patriotic frenzy. He reminds them of the glory and great honor they have been given to serve the Emperor himself, and wishes them luck with their battles.

The best Bavarian commanders are in charge of the army, having honed their skills in tactics and warfare after a year spent with the Imperial generals and advisors.

The army is sent to the city of Kiel, which will be the force's last stop before the attack commences. There, they shall resupply and rest before the campaign begins. After the army is ready, the commanders are to give the order for an incursion into Danish territory in the direction of the city Schleswig. They are instructed to raid and pillage the city as far as possible, incurring as few losses as possible, and using a shock-and-awe tactic with the inept Dane garrison. Once they are done with the city, they shall make way for Ribe, eliminating pockets of resistance on their way.

The duchal spymaster is ordered to enter Danish lands and set up a spy network once inside, learning of Danish defences and other valuable information.

Sweden:

The Emperor's forces have begun their campaign in Denmark. We hope this relieves some of the pressure on your forces.

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 11-16-14 03:46 PM EDT (US)     59 / 101       
MILITARY
Francis sends a message to chevalierPierre Bayard, appointing him Chief Recruiter. He is ordered to muster and train 4000 pike infantry, 1500 swordsmen, 300 two-handed swordsmen and 1500 archers, who are to become a professional core of the mainly-feudal French army.

The Constable of France, Charles duc de Bourbon, is to assemble 2000 cavalry, including 500 gendarmes, and 10000 infantry and move towards the Spanish borders, establishing a strong defensive perimeter. He is to merely defend against any Spanish attacks and is explicitly ordered not to cross the border.

Marshals Gaspard de Coligny and Anne de Montmorency, commanding 6000 Swiss pikemen, the 4000 strong Black Band of Landsknechts and 1000 light cavalry are ordered to protect the eastern borders from any potential German raids as the new Emperor is not to be trusted.

The combined French-Genoese fleet under the command of the newly-appointed High Admiral Andrea Doria are to report on the current number of ships that can be used in naval combat.

Priests throughout the French possessions are encouraged to preach the new crusade against the Barbary pirates of Algiers and Tunis. An edict granting the conquered-to-be lands to any noble who joins the Crusade (under the suzerainty of the French crown) is also published.

The Governor of Milan, Thomas de Foix-Lescun, is ordered to clear the Milanese possessions of the disturbing brigands, but he is discouraged to be harsh towards the Italian subjects.

[secret]King Francis asks a report of his agents' progress in Wuttenberg, where they try to turn the vox populi in favor of the deposed duke Ulrich, who currently resides in France.[secret]

Updated

ECONOMY
The king decrees that the Royal Bank of France is to be founded. This bank will adopt the organisation of the famous Italian banks. The original capital will be provided by selling the king's personal purse and it is decreed that 8% of the country's income will go to the bank. It is not expected to be fully functional for at least another year.

LAW

A team of scholars, clergymen and noblemen is to study the Corpus Juris Civilis in order to attempt minimum reforms over the French law. The king's wish is that some cases, such as high treason and regicide, be judged by a jury composed by important nobles and clergymen.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_Bold (edited 11-16-2014 @ 05:13 PM).]

Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 11-17-14 02:12 AM EDT (US)     60 / 101       

Austria

Duke William agrees with Archduke Ferdinand's proposition, and hopes that Bavaria and Austria benefit from this new agreement.

He also wishes to inform the Archduke of his concern over new Ottoman territorial gains in Greece. The frontline is getting dangerously close to the Empire, and a course of action must be drawn to halt the Ottoman advance, as we cannot leave this task to the lazy dawdling Venetians.

"I long for Darkness."

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 11-17-14 02:14 PM EDT (US)     61 / 101       
King Francis sends a letter to the Pope, stating his intention of taking the cross against the Barbary pirates of Northern Africa, who enjoy the support of the Ottoman Sultan. He wishes to know whether the Pope will give him his blessing. It is implied that in exchange,the king is willing to give the Papal states a loan of 2000 florins for the reorganisation of the Papal army.

His Holiness is pleased to bless this action against the enemies of God, and hopes that North Africa can once again be a centre of Christian learning.

The Pope establishes a professional "Italian Army", with all landholders required to train with a sword and buckler, or a bow. In times of war they will be commissioned to provide soldiers to fight for God and the Italian states under the authority of the Pope.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 11-18-14 04:37 AM EDT (US)     62 / 101       
Gustav thanks the Emperor and the Duke again for their immense support.

The army should begin the counter-offensive as soon as possible, taking along any recruits from the areas they liberate. Violence should be avoided as much as possible. Should any enemy troops surrender, they should be treated with dignity and put in well-guarded camps. Their weapons and armor should be redistributed to the new recruits.

Gustav asks his financial advisers to devise a new taxation policy which is fair to the subjects and taxes the subjects according to what they can afford to pay. It should be balancing both the treasury and the needs of the people. He understands that this may lower the revenues,but give the people some more money to invest and as savings, which will increase the economic activity. He hopes this new policy will be ready to implement by the time the war is over.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 03:02 AM EDT (US)     63 / 101       
We need to have multiple co-hosts for this, if the map game is going to go any further.

"I long for Darkness."

Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 06:13 AM EDT (US)     64 / 101       
Agreed Hannibal, I'd hate to see the map game die because of the lack of co-hosts.

Roma Invicta!
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 10:46 AM EDT (US)     65 / 101       
I'm working on the update now, but I agree, school + work is kicking my ass more than I expected, and I can't afford to regularly spend an hourish to write an update every day.
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 11:22 AM EDT (US)     66 / 101       
No year tick due to my lack of activity.
Multi-Nation Events

The Highland Rebellion

The Highlanders refuse the Regent of Scotlands demands and sends the messenger with a bolt in his back and begins to besiege the Royal forts in he Highlands.

The Highland rebels receive the English messenger with a feast worthy of kings. The nominated king of the Highlanders, who goes is called Duncan, thanks Henry for the offer of support and proposes a military cooperation between England and the Highlands. In return for English military intervention, the English would gain the lowlands.

The War of Danish Conquest

The Danish have sued for peace realizing that they cannot defeat the Coalition.

Indivdual Updates

Papacy

The angry clergy members can produce no counter argument, and are likely plotting to rid themselves of the cyst that they feel is Luther.

Luther also arrives in Rome and awaits an audience with his holiness.

The army is raised and is around 13,000 strong. Your advisers state that they should be blooded soon to provide espirit de corps.

France

Bayard raises the army and begins training them, they will be ready for combat in a year.

Charles de Bourbom raises the army and moves towards the Spanish border, building a fort to centralize the command.

Coligney raises the forces and moves towards the border, creating an outpost near the border.

Thomas's forces meet the brigands and find them more organised than thought, flying the Sforza banner. His force is routed and he requests royal aid.

The spy reports some success, but the Prince still has a large amount of support.

The bank is underway, though there is some question about possible corruption.

The new code is established, but does nothing to ensure the rights of serfs to a jury trial.

England

The nobles are pleased with this response.

The chief architect thanks his highness for the gift, and says that the road to the Welsh coast would take 3-4 years depending on weather.

The Guardsmen will be fully trained in a year.

The Irish states should make easy conquest if they don't unite. If they choose to unite the battle for Ireland will be hard and long.

Mary can legally win the throne, but she will likely face the a large challenge winning the respect of nobles.

Sweden

The new tax system is thought up and will raise taxes on nobles and lower them on the lower classes. Many nobles will not be pleased if this tax is implemented, but they won't rebel. This will moderately increase the tax revenue.
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 12:26 PM EDT (US)     67 / 101       
Gustav would like to shed as less blood as possible. He asks the Holy Roman Emperor and the Duke of Bavaria their advice on the plea for peace.

In the event that they do agree, Sweden would like to propose the following terms:
  • The Kalmar Union be dissolved with immediate effect, and Sweden be recognized as an independent kingdom under the leadership of Gustav Vasa.
  • Denmark shall cede all territories in peninsular Scandinavia to Sweden i.e. all land North and East of Zealand, including the islands of Gotland, Bornholm and Öland.
  • Norway shall cede the territories of Herdalia, Jemtia and Finnmark to Sweden.
  • Denmark and Norway shall drop all claims on the now expanded territories of Sweden.
  • The erstwhile Kalmar Union shall pay Sweden three years worth of revenues as war reparations.
  • Denmark and Norway shall reopen all Hanseatic Kontors closed down in the last two decades.
  • Denmark shall call a 10 year moratorium on any wars against Germanic States and settle all disputes with them within this period.

Gustav would like to hear if the Holy Roman Emperor or the Duke of Bavaria have anything to add to the terms.

In the case that Denmark does not agree to these terms, the alliance has thousands of troops waiting to be in action at the earliest.

Gustav wants that a new criminal law be prepared in the next two years based on which sentences will be given to criminals. The best lawmakers throughout Europe are to be consulted while keeping in mind the local demeanor. This shall help people to get quick and fair justice.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 12:34 PM EDT (US)     68 / 101       
King Francis orders that the Milanese garrison be reinforced with 5,000 men from Brittany.

[secret]King Francis sends a message to the king of Denmark, offering him his alliance, due to the outrageous demands of the Swedish. He proposes that the Danish king delay the negotiations for a few more months, in order to give the French the chance to keep the Imperial forces occupied.

In addition, 20 ships are sent along with 500 mercenaries to conduct raids in the North sea against the lands of Sweden and the Hanseatic League bearing the flag of the Imperial City of Hamburg and the Count of East Frisia, both vassals of the Emeror Charles V.[secret]

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_Bold (edited 11-22-2014 @ 12:44 PM).]

Excelsior
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 04:18 PM EDT (US)     69 / 101       
@SCENTOR: I’m going to be honest-I don’t have the mental energy to put into this game atm, and I don’t foresee myself having it within the next week. However, I think I should try to at least make an attempt. If you don’t mind, I will try to make my orders more straight forward, modern language, essentially just telling you the gist of what I want to do, instead of giving my prose and then my interpretation of it as I usually do. Hopefully.

ABOUT DENMARK:
Charles is pleased with the results of the Danish war. He believes the increase in Swedish lands and the dissolution of the Kalmar Union would only serve to cause future wars, as the Danes and Norwegians would simply want to fight back to reverse their losses, or to gain dominance over the others in a future union.

Instead, Charles suggests that the Kalmar Union be reworked to be satisfactory to the three countries, but not dissolved.

ABOUT PORTUGAL:

Charles requests his uncle, King of Portugal, honor the betrothal of Isabella and Charles that was made in their childhood/infancy. He points out the economic and military benefits Portugal would have by honoring this.

ABOUT ITALY: Charles reminds the Italians of the many times that the French have interfered in Italy. He especially points out the time when Florence requested French aid in their war against Pisa, and in “payment” for their aid, the French put both Florence and Pisa under their control. He suggests another Lombardy League to aid Milan against the French, as otherwise the Italian states would fall like a row of dominoes if they do not stand up to French incursions. He informs them that he will have General Cordoba, the son of the former General Cordoba who delivered Italy under Ferdinand, (and thus is likely to be a favorite hero of the Italians), support the Italians against French aggression.

FUTURE (In case I don’t get back): ABOUT THE PIRATES: Supposing the ships do manage to raid the Hanseatic League successfully, they will undoubtedly be in the Baltic Sea, which will allow the much larger and more powerful Swedish, Hanseatic, and Spanish navies to block these ships from escaping by holding the straits between Sweden and Denmark. Capturing the ships will prove who hired them, and this information will be sent before the POPE.

The army preparing for war against the Ottomans is to be moved to Castille, and to be ready to march to Navarre if it is threatened.

General Cordoba is advised of the probable break out of French hostilities, and is given orders to march north to support the probable Lombard League if war develops between France and Spain.

PAPACY Charles sets before the Pope the increasing troop movements of the French on the Spanish and Imperial borders. He states that if the French do not back down, or enter a war with the Ottomans, Charles will be forced to call of the crusade against the infidel and instead use his prepared armies against the foe in their midst first. Charles hopes the Pope can resolve this tension peacefully.

England Charles writes his relative-in-law Henry and proposes an alliance against French aggression. If England will aid Spain in the case of a war, Spain will not leave the war until either the English regain Normandy or Spain is defeated beyond capacity to aid England further. Charles offers to send a tercio of men to the English army preparing to march on the Low Lands as an earnest of the alliance.

Bavaria Charles informs Duke William that war with the French appears imminent. He advises him to send the army of the Danish war to the border with Burgundy, as a counter to the some 16000 strong army the French have recently moved to that general area. The war with the Ottomans may need putting off, if the French do not shape up.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 04:37 PM EDT (US)     70 / 101       
SPAIN
The French king sends a message to the Emperor, informing him of his intention to wage a crusade against the Northern African pirates, eliminating both a possible thorn on the side of the crusading Empire and at the same time protecting the valuable Meditteranean trade. Meanwhile, he warns Charles that the troop movements were made in order to ensure the stability of the borders while the main French army will be away on the crusade.

He also wishes to remind the Emperor that Milan, as well as Genoa, are under French control for the past five years. So, there is no war in progress between Milan and France.

POPE

Francis asks the Pope for an audience, so as to defend himself against the Emperor's sycophancy.

Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-22-14 06:09 PM EDT (US)     71 / 101       
Oh bugger!

John Stewart, Regent of Scotland, stood on the grassy plains and watched as the messenger approached him on horse. When the messenger arrived he handed a roll of paper to Stewart and awaited him to give a reply. Stewart read the report, he wasn’t pleased, he gave a hiss through clenched teeth, it was what he feared for some time, the Highlanders had rebelled and were marching south into the Lowlands with quick speed. Stewart sighed and looked at the messenger.

“Tell the Counsel that I now know of the situation and I need more men at Perth before the week is over”, Stewart said. “Go now.”

The messenger immediately left with Stewart's message and headed towards Edinburgh. Stewart looked towards the camp, which was encamped next to a river north of Glasgow. He saw the men preparing for battle down in the valley bellow; they didn’t seem to be enthusiastic. He then decided to see the men and his officers. He arrived and summoned is officers to his tent to discuss the threat.

A few minutes later his officers arrived in his tent. “Greetings, I’m sure you’re aware of the current situation in the Highlands”, he stated. He looked around and saw his officers nodding their heads. “Well, there has been a change involving that situation,” he continued. “The Highlanders have revolted and are marching against the King, they have gained many support thanks to the ‘Farming Tax’, and they are besieging the Royal Forts.”

The officers began to murmur amongst themselves with this news; their only troops were Lowlander Scotsmen who are used to using the pike and a few boarder troops who can’t even fight a proper battle along with a few swordsmen and a few archers, it was going to be tough.

“What are we going to do now then?” asked an officer called Alexander MacGuthar, a Lowlander.

“We march against them and destroy them at a suitable battlefield”, answered Stewart.

“But Regent, you’re going to start a civil war just to put down a rebellion?” asked another officer.

“No, the Highlanders started this civil war, I’m merely putting it down”, he answered. “Know this, I didn’t want this to happen, if I knew it’d happen then I would not have introduced that new tax law, but what’s done is done. We must defeat these traitors in one swift, bloody battle. We slaughter their chieftains in the battlefield and make the survivors pay!”

Several of the officers, including Duncan MacGuthar, nodded in agreement. “We Lowlanders always had a feud with the Highlanders, it’s time we settled it once and for all”, Duncan stated.

“Then it’s settled, the die is cast”, quoted Stewart. “I want all towns and cities that are loyal to the King to arm all men between the ages of 18-50 and give them suitable training. I also want forts across the border with England and many soldiers to man the defences! Messenger, tell the King of France that I need those troops now!”

A messenger nodded his head and left the tent towards a horse. Stewart and the other officers left the tent and gathered the men and told what was going to happen.

“Men, today we march against the Highlanders, those men are traitors to the King and must be killed! I didn’t want this civil war but I will end it, one way or another. The Highlanders refused to negotiate peacefully, so this is the only way to do it. Remember, kill all Highlanders that are hostile, kill them all!”

The men cheered and the army left the camp to do battle with the Highlanders.

Roma Invicta!
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 11-23-14 09:27 AM EDT (US)     72 / 101       
His Holiness the Pope welcomes King Francis to Rome, and offers him counsel along with the College of Cardinals. The Pope plans to discuss the concerns raised by Spain, as well as the Theses of the Augustinian Friar, Luther, who also resides as the Pope's guest.

The Pope wishes to maintain the current peace, preferably by the union of French, Imperial and Spanish forces under a united banner. In addition, he wishes to appropriate Luther's reforms in a stable manner, accepting that some members of the Clergy have abused the collection of indulgences, clarifying the Church's teaching on indulgences as the absolution of penance set by the Church, not of guilt remitted by God and ensuring that Luther returns to the Catholic flock.

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-24-14 08:05 PM EDT (US)     73 / 101       
I'm going to wait on AE for right now, before I update(if he doesn't update before 9PM tomorrow I'll do it anyway).
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 11-25-14 00:46 AM EDT (US)     74 / 101       
King Henry sends to the Regent of Scotland, offering the assistance of England in crushing the rebellion of the highland nobles. His price of support is moderate- in that he would demand the low-lands of Scotland for English control. He will await the answer of the regent.

[secret] King Henry replies to the Spanish King, his brother in law (i think), thanking him for the offer of assistance, but it shall not be needed. Unfortunately, the time is not right for an European alliance. He asks Charles to wait a few years until England is more powerful and able to better match the strength of the French nation. [secret]

King Henry asks if the budget could handle such a project(the roads to wales), at the same time coping with other constructions and increasing recruitment.

Deputations are sent to each Irish state, in order to sow confusion and hatred of each other Irish state, so that they do not unite.

Henry considers the problem of succession, and promises his court to think deeply on the matter.

The Guardsmen are ordered to be ready to move to campaign in the next year, with the destination to be decided closer to moving out.

The navy is also ordered to muster in the English channel, with orders to be given in the new year for their use.

Henry takes a royal tour of the country side, halting at numerous small villages. Here, he inspects the state of the local militias, and undertakes a recruitment drive advertising the the Guardsmen. Numerous small road and infrastructure projects are announced after input from the local nobility and bureaucracy.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-25-14 02:46 AM EDT (US)     75 / 101       
The Regent sends a message to King Henry VIII, gladly accepting English help against the rebels but says that he isn't sure that many of the nobles of Scotland would agree to the proposal about the Lowlands. He sends a compromise: King Henry can either control half of the Lowlands or the Lowlands can be a client state to England but under Scottish protection. The Regent says either one of the compromises or the original demand will no doubt spark riots in the Lowlands but he will try is best to co operate with the King of England in any future endeavor. The Regent will try to convince the Scottish nobles about the demands.

The Regent, while marching towards the Highlands, sends a message to the Counsel. The message contains King Henry VIII demands about the Lowlands. The Regent asks the Counsel if they are able to accept this demand or be able to come up with a compromise.

Roma Invicta!

[This message has been edited by Lucius Julius (edited 11-25-2014 @ 07:35 AM).]

Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 11-25-14 08:22 AM EDT (US)     76 / 101       
Spain: Gustav replies that it will be extremely difficult to make the Danish and Norwegian people to let go of their current ruler and accept an unknown ruler as their lord. It would be better if the Emperor or maybe even the Pope intervene to help solve the situation.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames