We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.57 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Reformation Era Map Game - Sign-up thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Reformation Era Map Game - Sign-up thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 10-26-14 10:09 AM EDT (US)         
Seeing that everyone's signing up for the map game on the "unofficial" discussion thread, I've decided to make this topic so that it won't be cluttered with suggestions and applications.

Host

Scenter102

Players

Lucius Julius - Scottish-land

Awesome Eagle (presumably) (definitely) - English-land

Punic Hebil - Austria

Dominicus Ultimus - Principality of Wallachia

Popeychops - Papal States The bad guys

Jetkill Fastmurder - Sverige

Alex the Bold - Portugal France

Excelsior - Spain

Hannibal the Vanquisher - Bavaria
List of vacant places/factions
Scenter102, our lord and protector our host

Ok, so main nations i want filled are:
-The German States(notably Saxony, Bavaria, and Bohemia)
-Spain(NOT unioned with Austria)
-Austria
-England
-France
-The bad guys(Papacy)

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."

[This message has been edited by Hannibal the Conqueror (edited 11-02-2014 @ 03:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 10-31-14 08:10 AM EDT (US)     26 / 57       
Excelsior has taken Spain. Maybe Awesome Eagle can pick England?

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 10-31-14 09:36 AM EDT (US)     27 / 57       
Scenter, Excelsior has already volunteered to play for Spain, and I've already updated the OP this morning with everything which I've missed out on.

Sorry, didn't see Jetkill's post.

"I long for Darkness."

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."

[This message has been edited by Hannibal the Conqueror (edited 10-31-2014 @ 10:07 AM).]

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 10-31-14 01:02 PM EDT (US)     28 / 57       
No sense trying to rush things. Scenter's the host so he decides when we start. Goodness knows he's going to have his hands full with the faction intros and all the updates to follow.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 11-01-14 09:11 PM EDT (US)     29 / 57       
I am torn. I would like to participate, BUT i would also like to assist Scenter since there are a large number of players now. So Scenter, it is up to you- If you need some help in anyway i will bow out and help you cope with the demands, but if not then i will play.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-02-14 06:39 AM EDT (US)     30 / 57       
I think I'll be able to handle it, the only issue I foresee is I may not be able to do updates on Saturdays due to work.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 11-02-14 01:14 PM EDT (US)     31 / 57       
England I am then

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-02-14 05:04 PM EDT (US)     32 / 57       
Seems we have everyone, hope Scenter finishes the intros in time.

PS: My internet is bugging up and I wont be on it for another 5 days.

I'm screwed with Awesome Eagle as England! lol

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

We all die in the end, it only matters when and how - Me

Roma Invicta!
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 11-03-14 00:43 AM EDT (US)     33 / 57       
Haha, i am not so sure about that Lucius. I am quite a poor player.

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-03-14 06:58 AM EDT (US)     34 / 57       
I have most of the intros done, except for Wallachia(which I couldn't find anything on in five minutes), Bavaria, and Sweden. I should be able to get those done tonight. They'll be done tomorrow at the absolute latest.
Excelsior
Mariner
posted 11-03-14 08:44 AM EDT (US)     35 / 57       
I'm not required to be a warmongering monarch, am I? Charles did have some room for being reasonable (much more so than Philip), and if I try to become more of a support role/economic minded fellow, will that be allowed?

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 11-04-14 06:53 PM EDT (US)     36 / 57       
I think as long as what you do is reasonably realistic, you'll be fine. No speeding along technology a few hundred years here

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 11-05-14 04:17 AM EDT (US)     37 / 57       
Will you post the intros in the thread or by mail? Just confirming.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 11-05-14 11:26 AM EDT (US)     38 / 57       
I'm not required to be a warmongering monarch, am I?
I hope not...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-06-14 01:50 AM EDT (US)     39 / 57       
Internet working now.

Don't worry, I'm not really good at this either.

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

Roma Invicta!
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 11-07-14 03:39 AM EDT (US)     40 / 57       
So, this is dead?

Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 11-07-14 07:50 AM EDT (US)     41 / 57       
Most likely.

"I long for Darkness."

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-08-14 01:24 PM EDT (US)     42 / 57       
Sorry guys I've been having a lot of issues with my PC lately and haven't quite had time to fix it. I'm rewriting the intros now, they should be up before 4 EST.
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 11-08-14 01:56 PM EDT (US)     43 / 57       
Sorry to hear about your computer difficulties Scenter, but it's good to know you've got the ball rolling for this Some people were getting angsty and impatient

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-08-14 02:50 PM EDT (US)     44 / 57       
This would all be so much easier if you guys chose normal countries :P. I've got 3 more intros to go. If I don't post by 4, expect is at 4 tomorrow, I've got to work at 5.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 11-09-14 05:25 PM EDT (US)     45 / 57       
I propose limiting the number of moves able to be made in one post(or a day) to about 5-7 (not including diplomacy between states). That way our host does not get truly overworked.

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 11-09-2014 @ 05:28 PM).]

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 11-09-14 11:45 PM EDT (US)     46 / 57       
I agree with AE. No sense overwhelming Scenter unnecessarily. Maybe only two posts at most per day with up to 5 (or less depending on Scenter's choice) actions directed at the Host/Game Master himself. The limit of actions towards other states is more flexible because the replies and counter-actions are up to the players controlling them.

Also, to make it easier to tell when players are directing actions towards each other I suggest we choose our own personal colors as Scenter himself suggested in the original 'Woe to the Vanquished' map game. Here is the colour list and in case anyone doesn't know how to color text here's is outline (minus spaces when you do it):

[ color = insertcolorhere ] Text [/ color]

For Wallachia I choose Saddle Brown (the rosy brown on Scenter's map doesn't show up to well in posts)

[This message has been edited by DominicusUltimus (edited 11-09-2014 @ 11:55 PM).]

Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 11-10-14 02:40 AM EDT (US)     47 / 57       
I agree with AE as well.

"I long for Darkness."

Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 11-10-14 03:08 AM EDT (US)     48 / 57       
Is there any map where the names of all the nations in the current are listed? Because it is pretty hard finding each one of them.

Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 11-10-14 05:11 AM EDT (US)     49 / 57       
Good idea about using colors DU.

I'll have dark blue for Scotland

Roma Invicta!
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 11-10-14 07:02 AM EDT (US)     50 / 57       
I don't mind the number of posts, but try to keep it all in one post, like what Hannibal has done already. I'm only going to do one update regardless.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames