We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1761 replies, Sticky
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 71  Next Page »
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 11-25-05 06:07 PM EDT (US)         

Forumer Gallery Thread

Quick tutorial for those who don't know how to post a picture:
First you need a picture, ideally taken from a digital camera, but scanned images will still work.
Save them as jpegs (.jpg) or gifs (.gif).
Do not save them as bitmaps (.bmp), as this format uses about ten times the memory and makes the pages load slowly. Then you need to host the picture. Personally I use www.photobucket.com.
Then, you just need to post a link to the image.

Taking the example of an image on RTWH:

[img]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/img]
shows up as:

[url]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/url]
shows up as:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif

[url=http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif]Picture.[/url]
shows up as:
Picture.

I have removed the pictures that Ace linked to that no longer exist. If you want your picture in the gallery (or to change the one that's already there, post it or link to it in the thread. If you want your picture removed, I can do that too.

NB - It is against Heavengames policy to allow anyone under the age of 14 to post personal pictures.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 01-06-2011 @ 10:23 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mechstra
Banned
posted 05-14-06 08:12 PM EDT (US)     251 / 1761       
Maybe he's using 'sticky' as a euphemism.

¬_¬

Legio Yow
Mariner
posted 05-14-06 08:22 PM EDT (US)     252 / 1761       
You disgust me, sir.

Yeah, this probably should be stickied. I might send in mine if I ever feel like it. Or I might just send in Laurence Olivier's and see if you would catch it.

"That which we call a nose can still smell!"
-Reduced Shakespeare Company

"Abroad, French transit workers attempt to end a strike, only to discover that they have forgotten how to operate the trains. Everybody enjoys a hearty laugh and returns to the café." -Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by Legio Yow (edited 08-16-2006 @ 11:25 AM).]

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-14-06 08:32 PM EDT (US)     253 / 1761       

Quote:

I was actually saying it because it kept on getting annoying to have it topped again and again and again. If it was a sticky I could ignore it.

And don't hate me because I don't own a camera.

It's a pretty distinctive title isn't it? Surely there can't be that many threads with similar titles.

I never knew you didn't own a camera by the way. I only got one of my own in March.

Scotsman + Drink =

Quote:

Maybe he's using 'sticky' as a euphemism.

¬_¬

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Legio Yow
Mariner
posted 05-14-06 08:36 PM EDT (US)     254 / 1761       
yak + keyboard + internet = awesomeness

"Abroad, French transit workers attempt to end a strike, only to discover that they have forgotten how to operate the trains. Everybody enjoys a hearty laugh and returns to the café." -Dave Barry
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-14-06 08:40 PM EDT (US)     255 / 1761       
I'll take that as a compliment.

MisplacedPope
Mariner
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 05-14-06 08:42 PM EDT (US)     256 / 1761       
uh, so Scotsmen always mention the word sticky as a euphemism.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
mebertus
Banned
posted 05-14-06 08:45 PM EDT (US)     257 / 1761       
Hey, I may have a picture of me, but its four years old - I took it right before I went to Germany.
shadowarmy
Mariner
(id: shadowarmy75)
posted 05-14-06 09:41 PM EDT (US)     258 / 1761       
Adam looks very European, not very British at all.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-14-06 09:44 PM EDT (US)     259 / 1761       
who the *uck is Adam?

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-15-06 03:06 AM EDT (US)     260 / 1761       
The only Adam in the Census is Aeneas2.

Quote:

Hey, I may have a picture of me, but its four years old - I took it right before I went to Germany.

If you want to submit it, then go ahead.

Seany Boi
Mariner
posted 05-15-06 08:14 AM EDT (US)     261 / 1761       
Huge Adams Apple yes touch all you want

Andrew now seeing you i think of you less as a mature adult and more of a wee kid. Weird i always thought you were more grown up. Ahwell must be one of them smart huns

Not many smart blue noses about

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
Mechstra
Banned
posted 05-15-06 08:35 AM EDT (US)     262 / 1761       
Even fewer smart Timmies, it would seem, going by the stereotype you're so keen on enforcing.

That aside, I'm no Rangers fan. One of my best friends is, though, madly, and insisted that I buy a scarf when I went with him to the Rangers-Hibs game in February.

shadowarmy
Mariner
(id: shadowarmy75)
posted 05-15-06 04:08 PM EDT (US)     263 / 1761       
Oh I mean Andrew. I have no memory.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
mebertus
Banned
posted 05-15-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     264 / 1761       
Okay, I have one thats a little bit more recent (still over a year ago). The quality is crap, but its the only thing I have, sorry. (And sorry for the B&W.)

Just a sec, I'm still fixing the damn thing.

[This message has been edited by mebertus (edited 05-15-2006 @ 08:36 PM).]

MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-15-06 06:29 PM EDT (US)     265 / 1761       
And your calling me a boozer . . ..

MaximusDecimus
Mariner
(id: maximus09)
posted 05-15-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     266 / 1761       
Make it bigger!

posted 05-15-06 06:34 PM EDT (US)     267 / 1761       
It's traditional that the 6th years at the Nicolson Institute make a poster at the end of the year, featuring everyone who was on that year and the like, as a memento of the final year of school. Annoyingly, the only picture they had of me was one that someone had taken at a friend's 18th, with me chugging down on a bottle of beer. At the time I hardly ever drank anything and I'd only drunk about half of that bottle that night.

They made it the centrepiece of the poster.

Bastards.

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-15-06 07:37 PM EDT (US)     268 / 1761       
It's called Sod's Law.

mebertus bears an uncanny resemblance to Father Jack...

mebertus
Banned
posted 05-15-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     269 / 1761       
Aaach, shießen noch mahl. It is bigger ... I made a link to the photo instead of the photo itself. Sorry yak. Thats gonna take a little bit o fixin'.

I was sort of channeling the Hawkeye look that night.

Here it is.

And don't call me a boozer missplaced ... I mean, look, I hadn't even got the beer open yet. Sheesh. Never mind that it was my third and I couldn't find the opener ...

[This message has been edited by mebertus (edited 05-15-2006 @ 08:40 PM).]

MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-15-06 08:52 PM EDT (US)     270 / 1761       
oh I wil call you a booozer, you fellow booozer ina rms, drinking to keep out the propaganda of the Libs.

TotalWarFanatic
Mariner
posted 05-15-06 10:19 PM EDT (US)     271 / 1761       
That's very artistic, meb. I shall like to hang that up over my fireplace.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I've put most of my units/skins and ss of them on my new site!:
http://totalwarfantic.tripod.com/
Proud winner of most underrated forumer award!
Legio Yow
Mariner
posted 05-15-06 10:59 PM EDT (US)     272 / 1761       
Meb, I must thank you, for your picture was pretty much my exact mental image of you.

Quote:

Timmies...blue noses

I enjoy slanography/slurology. Are blue noses Scots and Timmies Irish?

Seany Boi
Mariner
posted 05-16-06 05:32 AM EDT (US)     273 / 1761       
No blue nose = protestants Timmies = Catholics.

Or if you are familier with Scottish footbal. Rangers = blue nose, hun, red handed, orange *******s

Celtic fans = "timmies" "feniens"

Tis all good.

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-16-06 06:53 PM EDT (US)     274 / 1761       
I just lost ten pounds by taking a pooo.

I might have another wedding picture soon.

MaximusDecimus
Mariner
(id: maximus09)
posted 05-16-06 07:09 PM EDT (US)     275 / 1761       
Thats impossible. You wanna know why?
Because your large intestine only weights 8 pounds. Having a poop that wieghs over that would cause it be over the length of it, which would in turn cause it to be up in your ribs somewhere or close to your throat, past where your intestine starts.

Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames