We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1761 replies, Sticky
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Oh what horror will our pictures inflict on the unsuspecting?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 71  Next Page »
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 11-25-05 06:07 PM EDT (US)         

Forumer Gallery Thread

Quick tutorial for those who don't know how to post a picture:
First you need a picture, ideally taken from a digital camera, but scanned images will still work.
Save them as jpegs (.jpg) or gifs (.gif).
Do not save them as bitmaps (.bmp), as this format uses about ten times the memory and makes the pages load slowly. Then you need to host the picture. Personally I use www.photobucket.com.
Then, you just need to post a link to the image.

Taking the example of an image on RTWH:

[img]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/img]
shows up as:

[url]http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif[/url]
shows up as:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif

[url=http://rtw.heavengames.com/forums/rtwh.gif]Picture.[/url]
shows up as:
Picture.

I have removed the pictures that Ace linked to that no longer exist. If you want your picture in the gallery (or to change the one that's already there, post it or link to it in the thread. If you want your picture removed, I can do that too.

NB - It is against Heavengames policy to allow anyone under the age of 14 to post personal pictures.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 01-06-2011 @ 10:23 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lasha
Mariner
posted 05-21-07 07:42 AM EDT (US)     726 / 1761       
[JPEG, (82.82 KB)]

Hey YOU!

■L■■A■■S■■H■■A■

[This message has been edited by MyArse (edited 20-08-2009 @ 19:50 PM).]
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 05-21-07 03:04 PM EDT (US)     727 / 1761       
Hahahahahahaha Lasha

As-Salaam-Alaikum
British_Eagle
posted 05-21-07 07:30 PM EDT (US)     728 / 1761       
Ninja Beagle!

Ninja Beagle
"My weenie is beautiful." - Doikie
"Is it just me, or does beagle need neutering?" - Yakcamkir
Enkidu of Uruk
Mariner
(id: thekid951)
posted 05-26-07 01:54 PM EDT (US)     729 / 1761       
Finally! The pictures where everyone has obviously (note sarcasm) been waiting for!

Kid saying hi to RTWH

Wonder why the text is so blurry:

If you can't read; the last one says 'reflection of a claymation figure standing on my desk'

Hnossa told me not to be embarrased when doing stupid. Normally, I wouldn't have posted this, but oh well :

All screenshot taken by my right big toe

[This message has been edited by TheKid951 (edited 05-26-2007 @ 02:01 PM).]

MisplacedPope
Mariner
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 05-26-07 02:07 PM EDT (US)     730 / 1761       
You look like you've been drinmking.

Why are all TWHers drunkards?

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Gato
Mariner
(id: GatoFedorento)
posted 05-26-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     731 / 1761       
I am not.

Long live early music.
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 05-26-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     732 / 1761       
You got a pretty big toe then if your toe took that pic
Enkidu of Uruk
Mariner
posted 05-26-07 02:12 PM EDT (US)     733 / 1761       
I'm 15, MPG. I don't have to justify myself anymore.

No, really, that's just me. I look high on every picture.
You got a pretty big toe then if your toe took that pic
No, I got a normal sized toe. Why?

Here, non-believer!

proof of normal-sized toe :

(since my right toe had to pose, this time it was my left big toe who took the picture)

[This message has been edited by TheKid951 (edited 05-27-2007 @ 03:36 AM).]

SubRosa
Mariner
posted 05-26-07 03:57 PM EDT (US)     734 / 1761       
proof of normal-sized toe :
Normal-sized? Your toe is larger than your head!

Just kidding. Great pics! I am guessing that the reason the lettering is blurred is that when you saved the pics as .jpg files the compression was set to a high levels. That causes scarring in the picture such as that. Try looking at the graphics software you are using to see if you can use less compression when saving them.
Not me, I am a straight-edge. Have been for decades. Truth to tell, alcohol became boring once it was legal for me to drink it.
Gato
Mariner
(id: GatoFedorento)
posted 05-26-07 04:04 PM EDT (US)     735 / 1761       
One can almost smell your feet.

Long live early music.
MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-26-07 07:04 PM EDT (US)     736 / 1761       
Lying drunkards, it appears. Or drunkards in denile. (Yes, denial is spelt wrong, this is still RTWH!)

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Enkidu of Uruk
Mariner
posted 05-27-07 03:38 AM EDT (US)     737 / 1761       
I am guessing that the reason the lettering is blurred is that when you saved the pics as .jpg files the compression was set to a high levels.
That's the odd thing. I did it indeed with .jpg, but I noticed that the picture itself doesn't get blurry. Only text :s

Oh well

What you think of Mona Lisa?

[This message has been edited by TheKid951 (edited 05-27-2007 @ 03:40 AM).]

AugustusCurly
Mariner
posted 05-27-07 11:33 AM EDT (US)     738 / 1761       
She’s hot.

(\__/)Gambling is a tax on people who are bad at math
(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951
Lord Ahm
Mariner
posted 05-27-07 12:01 PM EDT (US)     739 / 1761       
Just kidding. Great pics! I am guessing that the reason the lettering is blurred is that when you saved the pics as .jpg files the compression was set to a high levels. That causes scarring in the picture such as that. Try looking at the graphics software you are using to see if you can use less compression when saving them.
Finally one that understands file compression formats! Actually, Kid, every time you edit or save a picture as JPEG, the quality decreases. Try saving a picture as JPEG, then resave it 1000 times as JPEG and compare it to the original one. Amazing!
Yes, denial is spelt wrong, this is still RTWH!
You know misplaced, you really are the nicest forummer around.

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
Enkidu of Uruk
Mariner
posted 05-27-07 12:17 PM EDT (US)     740 / 1761       
Finally one that understands file compression formats! Actually, Kid, every time you edit or save a picture as JPEG, the quality decreases. Try saving a picture as JPEG, then resave it 1000 times as JPEG and compare it to the original one. Amazing!
That's another thing I usually do when bored =)

Andariel
Banned
posted 05-30-07 12:43 PM EDT (US)     741 / 1761       
Stone-dead sober I've been asked if I were on drugs. And my friend tells me I don't need to do drugs, I'm already permanently high or just crazy. A simple breath of oxygen is enough to send me over the edge.
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 05-30-07 02:30 PM EDT (US)     742 / 1761       
Well, most of us here are trying to emulate the feats of Alexander and the Caesars, so it's only right that we do so thoroughly.
Stone-dead sober I've been asked if I were on drugs. And my friend tells me I don't need to do drugs, I'm already permanently high or just crazy. A simple breath of oxygen is enough to send me over the edge.
So says she whose picture features several green glass bottles prominently in the foreground. I'd initially say beer, but upon seeing the dark bottles behind them, I'm more inclined to say wine though it could be two of each.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 05-30-07 02:39 PM EDT (US)     743 / 1761       
Well, we all have our own idols. I don't fancy Alexander or the Caesars much, myself.

Him, on the other hand...

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 05-31-07 01:18 AM EDT (US)     744 / 1761       
That's quite a hero.

Of course, I tend to have a heart-to-heart with Kaiser Wilhelm II when I read his quote: "Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Enkidu of Uruk
Mariner
posted 05-31-07 01:48 AM EDT (US)     745 / 1761       
Hertog and me share the same names.

lucasemaximuse
Mariner
posted 05-31-07 05:29 AM EDT (US)     746 / 1761       
hi all i thought i might as well post my picture

MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-31-07 05:48 AM EDT (US)     747 / 1761       
Some one seems uunhappy, cutting folks out of photographs

lucasemaximuse
Mariner
posted 05-31-07 06:01 AM EDT (US)     748 / 1761       
haha shes ugly and related to me and also very small would ruin the picture if i left her in

[This message has been edited by lucasemaximuse (edited 05-31-2007 @ 06:02 AM).]

MisplacedPope
Mariner
posted 05-31-07 06:13 AM EDT (US)     749 / 1761       
Or make you look that much better. Only kidding though.

lucasemaximuse
Mariner
posted 05-31-07 06:23 AM EDT (US)     750 / 1761       
well the pic has about 10 other people in it as well

[This message has been edited by lucasemaximuse (edited 05-31-2007 @ 04:40 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 71  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames