We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

ETW Guides and Articles Forum
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » ETW Guides and Articles Forum » Blitzkrieg: Early Prussian Campaign Guide
Bottom
Topic Subject:Blitzkrieg: Early Prussian Campaign Guide
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:25 PM EDT (US)         
I was inspired by Warguppys France guide i decided to write my Prussian strategy down that i always use.

Prussia's Earliest problem is Poland, separating you land and acting particularly rude to any kind of deal, so the only solution is taking it over.The only problem is Poland is part of an alliance of Denmark Russia and Poland. But dont under estimate poland it will eventually overpower you in a long war so you must take it out quickly.

Rangers Lead the Way!

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-12-2009 @ 02:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
Turn 1
1.Move your Gentleman to the Magdeburg Collage
2.Start research on ring bayonets (this will be ready when you invade)
3.Acquire trade agreements (up to you what countrys as long as its not Poland)
4.Train 4 line infantry in Berlin
5.train 3 line infantry in East Prussia

(Feel free to construct any buildings or reserch a differnt tech, But note that canister shot will not help because the plan will be over before you build the buildings)

Rangers Lead the Way!

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-13-2009 @ 02:34 AM).]

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Turn 2
1.Recruit 4 line infantry in Berlin
2.Recruit 3 line infantry in East Prussia
3.Build a sloop in your port in Brandenburg, this will send some extra men to East Prussia sense that's where most of Poland's territory is.

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-13-2009 @ 02:35 AM).]

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Turn 3
1.Take 8 line inf. from Berlin and load them on the boat
2.Move ship to East Prussia and unload men on shore
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Turn 4
1.Move the 8 line infantry that you just unloaded to the woods right of Koenisburg (near the Polish fort)
2.Move all of Konigsburg's Garrison to the woods south of east Prussia's farm
3.Recruit 4 line infantry in Berlin

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-09-2009 @ 09:43 PM).]

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Turn 5
1.Take the Army in Berlin and invade Saxony triggering a war with ONLY Poland
2.Take the army led by Alexander zu Dohna Schlobitten and take West Prussia.
3.Take army south of Konigsburg's farm and take Warsaw,after you take the city right click on Galicia
4.Take Vilnius with the army by the fort
6.Build 2 Militia in Brandenburg and West Prussia to protect from sneak attacks from Poland or Austria

Rangers Lead the Way!

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-12-2009 @ 07:57 PM).]

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
Turn 6
1. Take 5 units in Lithuania and take Belarus

2. Take All units in Poland and attack Galicia

Turn 7
1. Move all but 2 units from Galicia back to Warsaw,Poland
2. Repair all conquered buildings
3. Repair any non city buildings damaged

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-12-2009 @ 02:20 AM).]

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 09:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
Good job on taking down Prussia's earliest enemy Poland but don't forget to move some units back to Poland from West Prussia.Now you have a solid start and two of your victory provinces.Poland is a valuable province if you let it develop. Taking out Poland also puts your border against Russia so be careful, but this also opens land trade with them too. Try forming alliances with Sweden and Great Britain and the United Provinces being the same religion it should be easier to get as they will like you more.Also note that Austria starts allied to Great Britain so if you get an alliance with the British the Austrians are less likely to attack.You now should focus on building up your empire before you do any more conquering, build weavers,iron shops,taverns,churches,docks,ect.

Rangers Lead the Way!

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 12-12-2009 @ 02:18 AM).]

Warguppy
Mariner
posted 12-10-09 10:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
Interesting guide! I'll be trying it later today or tomorrow. In all my campaigners (where I don't play as Poland) I've noticed Poland either gets wiped badly or dominates Europe; rarely anything in between. I'll be glad to have a strategy to make that the former and not the latter when playing as Prussia.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-10-09 03:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Thank you for the compliment! I hope it works when i was testing it the 2nd time Austria messed it up by conquering West Prussia. It worked the first time though.

Rangers Lead the Way!
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 12-11-09 04:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Ok I tried doing this strategy and so far (on turn 6) it's working, in spite of having to pay dearly to make peace with Austria after they declared war on me, but I have a couple questions on things I'm not sure of.

Would I be correct in understanding that I am to upgrade no buildings or city structures during these 7 turns of this strategy? Or is it leaving me leeway on that?

On turns 5 and 6 it seems that I am leaving my cities (Berlin and Konigsberg) undefended. Is that intended?

On turn 7 (you have it labeled as turn 6 still?) I'm leaving Warsaw undefended? Again, is that intended?

Beyond those 3 questions it is an interesting strategy which I'm curious to see how it plays out once Poland is made part of The Greater Prussian Reich.

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-12-09 02:08 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
1.Upgrading Structures is up to your personal choice.I did upgrade buildings when i tested it but decided to leave it to the player.Do you think i should put building instructions in?

2.Yes you leave them undefended since your going to kill poland in 2 turns any way.(Im going to put in a recruit militia in thanks for the advice)

3.I accidentally messed up the turns on the guide skipping turn 5 and having two 6.You leave Warsaw undefended so you can eliminate Poland and you can move them back brfore a rebelion starts.

Rangers Lead the Way!
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 12-12-09 08:17 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Ok thanks for the reply on that!

1) Maybe put in a note about builds and upgrades being a personal choice? Just a suggestion.

2-3) I ended up building a couple units in them because I'm a tad paranoid about leaving something undefended. It was a good thing as the Poles left the far eastern city (I can't remember the name off hand) and attacked Warsaw. It took me 2 turns to reach Galicia from Warsaw but maybe I should have continued on the move after I took the city (I still had a little movement left to the stack)?

But in any case, it's now turn 9 and Poland is down for the count (although I have a rebellion in the Warsaw region). But I have some troops there to squash any silly notions of their getting independence. Good guide!

Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-12-09 07:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Thanks for helping with my guide!

If theres any thing else just ask, ill try to answer
TKwarrior17
Mariner
posted 01-25-10 01:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
In my travels, I've found it far easier to take out the smaller German states before Poland. Why, you might ask?

First of all, central Europe is dominated by alliances. Depending on who is friends with who, where you invade, and most importantly when you invade, you could be at war with 12 countries or just 2. At the beginning of the game, Hannover is allied to Great Britain and Westphalia (GB being a trade partner and potential ally, this is not a lucrative country to invade), Bavaria is allied to Austria, Wurttemburg, and Westphalia, Wurttemburg is allied to Westphalia, Austria, and Bavaria, and Westphalia is allied to Hannover, Wurttemburg, and Bavaria (bingo).

As you stated before, Saxony is a protectorate of Poland-Lithuania. Saxony is also crucial to the success of my guide. By taking out Saxony and invading West Prussia and Poland at the same time, it's easy to quickly bring Poland-Lithuania to its knees. Now invade the rest of Poland-Lithuania, right? Nope. Make peace with them by offering Poland back, and get a trade agreement (necessary for the invasion of the other German states). I usually try to broker an alliance with them, and on the easier difficulties this isn't tough to do, but I would recommend stationing troops near Konigsberg and Gdynia on a harder difficulty level.

Now spend 3 turns cranking out line infantry in Konigsberg, Berlin and Dresden. Send your massive army (should be almost 2 whole stacks) to the western-most point in Saxony. Split them up into 4 even armies and invade Westphalia first, and select "call allies to help" even if you don't have any allies. BOOM! now you're at war with Hannover, Westphalia, Wurttemburg, and Bavaria and no one else to help them out. Capture their territories swiftly, and destroy the college in Cologne (their population is harder to quell because Munich is a major city). As soon as this is done, position armies in eastern Bavaria and Dresden and prepare for war with Austria. They will invade the next turn, and if they don't, you should hit them hard and fast. the army near Konigsberg should take Breslau, the army in Dresden should take Prague, and the army in Bavaria should take Vienna.
Pitt
Commodore
posted 01-30-10 03:49 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
The walk through has been added as an article, which may be found here. Any comments can be made in this thread.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins

[This message has been edited by Pitt (edited 01-30-2010 @ 04:06 AM).]

Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 01-30-10 04:49 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
I have tried this guide, on multiplayer campaign and on a GC. But as a GC campaign its a pretty good guide, but if you were to try this one on multiplayer it may be rather hard to actually do it. Depends on the forces you meet. As for me i dident capture Saxony or Warsaw at my first turn. And then Austria decleared war on me with all their allies.

But as Tkwarrior says, invade the german states first is a good choice, there are a few problem with the tactic tho.

(reply to Tkwarriors comment)
For the first you will probally get into a war with France or UP a couple of turn later. The poles are also very good at breaking peaces with you. So you can end up fighting a three man war. After taking Vienna and Prague they will probally attack you with some stronger armies, then you will have some rebellions, and the Austrian army to think about. That is why this tactic aint the best one, atleast not on VH/VH

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)

[This message has been edited by Sondre_norge (edited 01-30-2010 @ 04:51 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames