We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.57 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Reformation Era Map Game - Sign-up thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Reformation Era Map Game - Sign-up thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 10-26-14 10:09 AM EDT (US)         
Seeing that everyone's signing up for the map game on the "unofficial" discussion thread, I've decided to make this topic so that it won't be cluttered with suggestions and applications.

Host

Scenter102

Players

Lucius Julius - Scottish-land

Awesome Eagle (presumably) (definitely) - English-land

Punic Hebil - Austria

Dominicus Ultimus - Principality of Wallachia

Popeychops - Papal States The bad guys

Jetkill Fastmurder - Sverige

Alex the Bold - Portugal France

Excelsior - Spain

Hannibal the Vanquisher - Bavaria
List of vacant places/factions
Scenter102, our lord and protector our host

Ok, so main nations i want filled are:
-The German States(notably Saxony, Bavaria, and Bohemia)
-Spain(NOT unioned with Austria)
-Austria
-England
-France
-The bad guys(Papacy)

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."

[This message has been edited by Hannibal the Conqueror (edited 11-02-2014 @ 03:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Reganknight
Mariner
(id: Reganknight1597)
posted 10-26-14 12:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 57       
I might be interested depends on my schedule.

Oops never mind. I'll be away for the first 3 weeks of November. Wont have time to play.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II

[This message has been edited by Reganknight (edited 10-26-2014 @ 12:44 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10-26-14 03:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 57       
In

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Excelsior
Mariner
posted 10-26-14 04:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 57       
I'm tempted to join. Maybe Spain, as Lucius has called Scotland. I think Jetkill should pick England.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault

[This message has been edited by Excelsior (edited 10-27-2014 @ 12:19 PM).]

Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 10-26-14 05:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 57       
I'll play, though it'll probably be a smaller, irrelevant nation because I know jack squat

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 10-26-14 07:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 57       
Has anyone got a list on factions that are playable?

PS: On weekdays I'm only available during the afternoons due to education.

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

We all die in the end, it only matters when and how - Me

Roma Invicta!

[This message has been edited by Lucius Julius (edited 10-26-2014 @ 07:37 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-26-14 08:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 57       
Haha, with u Punic. I will probably be a Italian or German state.

Lucius- as long as you get your "moves" in then all should be fine.

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 10-26-14 11:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 57       
Been awhile since I played a map game so count me in as well. I have a moderate knowledge of the era thanks to my viewing of historical dramas like The Tudors, Isabel and Canal's Borgia: Faith and Fear, but like Punic I shall also aim for a smaller state so no one will have to worry about me 'dominating' or anything like what happened in the last map game I participated in

If it's available, I call dibs on the Principality of Wallachia

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-27-14 06:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 57       
Ok, so main nations i want filled are:
-The German States(notably Saxony, Bavaria, and Bohemia)
-Spain(Unioned with Austria)
-England
-France
-The bad guys(Papacy)

As for time period, I'll let you guys know once I get a hold of my AP Euro notes :P.
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 10-27-14 11:16 AM EDT (US)     9 / 57       
Yeah okay I'll be the Pope

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 10-27-14 11:26 AM EDT (US)     10 / 57       
I think Jetkill should pick England.
And get reduced to the "Diminished Duchy of Mercia"? Again?
Any out of the way countries for me?

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 10-27-14 12:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 57       
And I claim Bavaria!

"I long for Darkness."

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-27-14 03:07 PM EDT (US)     12 / 57       
Ummm jetkil, maybe the Danes, or the Swedes would be good, the Swedes are a bit powerful but they weren't in the thick of it. Also whoever wanted Scotland can definitely have it.

EDIT: I mad a historical error: Austria is not in union with Spain, but Bohemia is a client-state of Austria for a while.

As for the start date, I feel like 1555 is a good start date, as it marks the end of the first real religious war of the period(And bloody Mary). Another choice is 1520 which is near th rule of everyone's favorite English king, the esteemed diplomat, epic ladies man, and overall wonderful guy: Henry the VIII.

[This message has been edited by Scenter102 (edited 10-27-2014 @ 04:53 PM).]

Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-28-14 04:49 AM EDT (US)     13 / 57       
Sweden it is then.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 10-28-14 06:14 AM EDT (US)     14 / 57       
What if the starting date was pushed back even further, like 1510 or 1512, just a year before the Battle of Flodden. Its also in the early reign of Henry VIII of England and Charles V of The Holy Roman Empire.

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

We all die in the end, it only matters when and how - Me

Roma Invicta!
Excelsior
Mariner
posted 10-28-14 07:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 57       
Around 1515 through 1550 is good, IMO. 1517 was when Luther printed his 95 Thesis (IIRC) and 1550 was about the time Charles V stepped down from being HRE and King of Spain. Still, there were some wars in-between, and definitely afterwards.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 10-28-14 03:23 PM EDT (US)     16 / 57       
I choose Portugal... However, I have one question: How will overseas empires be represented in the game?

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-28-14 05:10 PM EDT (US)     17 / 57       
My guess would probably pretty little- most likely a bit of an monetary benefit.

Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-28-14 10:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 57       
So, when do we start?

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-29-14 07:24 AM EDT (US)     19 / 57       
1520, it marks the English-French Alliance, it's the year before the Diet at Worms, and it's also a pretty looking date.

We still need England, Austria, Spain, and France in order to start the game.

As for overseas possesions, you'll get more money to spend on troops(I'm not going to bother with complex economies; each country will have a regular income which they can invest to get a return, or spend on troops or navy).

[This message has been edited by Scenter102 (edited 10-29-2014 @ 07:29 AM).]

Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-29-14 11:12 AM EDT (US)     20 / 57       
Seems like everyone has taken out-of-the-way countries, so there's no one to take the main ones.

Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 10-29-14 01:01 PM EDT (US)     21 / 57       
We still need England, Austria, Spain, and France in order to start the game.
Well, in that case I'll go for France...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_Bold (edited 10-30-2014 @ 04:11 AM).]

Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 10-29-14 05:16 PM EDT (US)     22 / 57       
I'll take Austria

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-31-14 01:38 AM EDT (US)     23 / 57       
I think that's all the players we'll get. We should start.

Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 10-31-14 05:17 AM EDT (US)     24 / 57       
We only need one more player for England and then we can start.

"I long for Darkness."

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-31-14 07:26 AM EDT (US)     25 / 57       
We also need Spain, unless no one is opposed to an Austria-Spain Union even though Charles V never really had an claim on Austria but was HRE.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames