We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Will there be another map role playing game?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Will there be another map role playing game?
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 10-19-14 03:51 AM EDT (US)         
After spending several days at looking in The Red Lion Tavern I found something that interested me, the Pride of Nations role playing and the Syrian Civil War games.

I hope that there will be another game like those, perhaps something similar to Pride of Nations would be good only in a different time.

If anyone is going to do something like this please inform me.

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

We all die in the end, it only matters when and how - Me

Roma Invicta!
AuthorReplies:
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 10-19-14 11:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
Map Games are just community organized games we play. There is no officialness behind them, just a 'hey, let's do this!' kinda spirit. If you have an idea for an era/time and how to do it, give us input and maybe it'll happen!

I'm still not sure which I had more fun with: the Antiquity one or the Pride of Nations one (that was the one with Serbia and stuff right?)

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10-20-14 01:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
I had a ball of fun with them- Making a 'cultured' Lusitania and a Ottoman Empire that was allied with Great Britain. It was fun.

The problem with games like this is that they are very time intensive for the host, and it is a struggle to maintain a sense of historical accuracy/timing. People wanting to develop some sort of technology not available, or build canals in places they are not able to be put in were frequent upsets.

But that being said, if someone were to organised one, i probably would put my hand up to play in it.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 10-20-14 05:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
I take it that was in reference to me?

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-20-14 06:04 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
Let's just say it was a bit of bait to see if you were still with us.

How are u Jetkill?

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-21-14 07:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
I'm here, I just don't have much to post these days. Not much time either, I study like 14 hours a day nowadays.

And yes, I would love to participate in a map game as long as I get a secluded country and don't have to post more than once a day.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 10-21-2014 @ 07:22 AM).]

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-21-14 06:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
So what era d people want to play in? I'm thinking around the Reformation would be fun.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-22-14 05:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
The reformation would be interesting. But before a era is decided, it would be prudent to see if we can actually do this. So we need a host to volunteer. If we cant get a host, there is no point going any further.

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-22-14 09:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
I volunteer, I though I had already mentioned that.

Thoughts on setting:

-Reformation
-Seven Years War era(Maybe just after War of Austrian Succession?)
-Pre-Great War
-Cold War(We may see an issue with pre-mature nuclear annihilation with this though)
-Russia after the death of Ivan the Terrible
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-22-14 10:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
Would you have the time and not back down after a month?

And I suggest Crusades-era.

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 10-22-2014 @ 10:19 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-23-14 01:21 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
I volunteer, I though I had already mentioned that.
Oh, haha. Sorry

Reformation would probably be the most likely out of those, since there wouldn't be much of an empire to worry about, and Russia isnt much of an issue. The only thing to figure out would be maybe the Holy Roman Empire but i think for ease, we might be able to largely ignore this entity unless someone goes for a German state.

BTW, nice gravatar change. I dont mind the look of the Shermans.

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-23-14 07:17 AM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
Would you have the time and not back down after a month?
Yeah, there may be a few days where I can't post, but I shouldn't have to take an extended breaks.
The only thing to figure out would be maybe the Holy Roman Empire but i think for ease, we might be able to largely ignore this entity unless someone goes for a German state.
I don't think we can for the sake of historical accuracy, Charles V plays a fairly large role in the Reformation and in Euro-politics.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-25-14 05:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
Fair enough. You are host after all. Do you have a map that can be used?

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-25-14 06:24 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
I'm thinking I'll use EUIV + console commands for map management. I'll look into it Tuesday, unfortunately I have college stuff to do this weekend + Monday.

Looked into it. As long as no one minds unlabeled maps we'll be good.

[This message has been edited by Scenter102 (edited 10-25-2014 @ 06:45 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-25-14 07:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
Sweet. Any in game mechanics that you would like to add? Like a national budget? or something.

What about players? I will put up a notice on the Facebook page asking for players.

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-25-14 07:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
I'm drafting the rules and stuff now... did Charles V actually own Austria or did he only hold the title of HRE?
Lucius Julius
Mariner
posted 10-26-14 02:55 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
This is awesome! Do you have a list of the factions we can play as?

I volunteer to play this.

If possible, could Scotland be playable? I'm Scottish and it would be cool to play as them.

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Matria Mori - It is sweet and meet to die for one's country.

We all die in the end, it only matters when and how - Me

Roma Invicta!
Jetkill Fastmurder
Mariner
posted 10-26-14 08:13 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
I'll call dibs last to pick the most isolated country. Hope host can still keep it interesting.

Punic Hebil
Centurion
posted 10-26-14 09:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
What year are we starting in? I know laughably little about this time period

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-26-14 03:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
I am with you Punic. But shall be a good learning experience.

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 10-26-14 11:06 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
I have moderate to low knowledge of the period, but I'd definitely like to learn more about it. Whoever plays Spain though will have to look out for the Stann-, I mean, the Spanish Inquisition

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 10-27-14 04:07 AM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
Scenter, can you post a list of the factions available? It would make it much easier for those of us who have little to no knowledge of the era

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Rebypox
Mariner
posted 10-27-14 03:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
Revived my old account because this sounds awesome! Mind if I join?
Punic Hebil
Centurion
posted 10-27-14 04:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
Not at all! Post in the sign up thread and you're in!

Edit: How powerful/influential was Bohemia at this time? I have ancestors from there and I have a 'why not?' attitude for it

[This message has been edited by Punic Hebil (edited 10-27-2014 @ 04:27 PM).]

Scenter102
Mariner
posted 10-27-14 04:33 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
Well they started the 30 Years War(Aka WWI) and were an HRE elector so they are pretty important. Depending on the turnout though I may combine them in with the other Catholic princes and then combine the Protestant Princes under one banner too.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames