We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Random movies that people love to hate but you enjoy
Bottom
Topic Subject:Random movies that people love to hate but you enjoy
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 08-29-14 08:11 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, we all have them. Mine are:

Zoom- Academy for Superheros
HELP!- The movie by the Beatles

And i will add more as i think of them.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 08-31-14 04:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- the original.

Conan The Barbarian- the Schwarzenegger and James Earl Jones one.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Meteora
Mariner
posted 09-01-14 03:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
i robot. it's great. i don't even know why people hate it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 09-01-14 04:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Battle Los Angeles.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 09-01-14 10:41 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Oliver Stone's Alexander - A lot of people hate it, but as an Alexander history buff I love it, especially the extended/director's cut editions.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
PrinceofMacedon
RTW Ladder Leader
posted 09-09-14 08:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
I've got tons of guilty pleasures!
"John Carter"
"300"
"Pompeii" (2014)
"Fast and Furious" (2001)
"Man of Steel"
"Titanic" (1997)
"Starship Troopers"
"Hidalgo"
"U-571"
"Alexander" (2004) *Favorite movie ever!
"Enemy at the Gates"
"Jurassic Park III"
"Star Wars: Episode I - the Phantom Menace"
Oliver Stone's Alexander - A lot of people hate it, but as an Alexander history buff I love it, especially the extended/director's cut editions.
Agreed!

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 09-09-14 10:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Starship Troopers 100% cannot be considered a guilty pleasure.

house won this
PrinceofMacedon
RTW Ladder Leader
posted 09-09-14 04:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I don't know. I get a lot of beef whenever I talk about how much I love it lol

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT
General Sajaru
Commodore
posted 09-09-14 08:20 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
"Fast and Furious" (2001)
"Hidalgo"
"U-571"
"Enemy at the Gates"
Wait. Since when were these bad movies?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Vasta
Mariner
posted 09-09-14 11:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Yeah, most of these lists feature legit good movies. THe original TMNT was excellent, and Conan is some rather beautiful film making. Don't even listen to the dialogue, just listen to the music and watch the screen, it's amazing.

I will say Alexander still hasn't won me over, despite how many cuts they make. My only real positive experience with that movie is having beers with Robin Lane Fox and hearing about becoming blood siblings with Rosario Dawson, and seeing her naked, as well as Fox participating in a cavalry charge and almost killing some extras.

Sky Captain seems to be hated by most of the people around me while I adore it, and I'll admit it: Batman and Robin has grown on me.
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 09-10-14 01:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
It's not a movie, but the Spartacus series by Starz is also a guilty pleasure of mine It has enough historical inaccuracies to make any history fan froth at the mouth, but those battle scenes and dismemberments are fantastic.

Met and talked to Liam McIntyre (Spartacus from season 2 onwards) and Manu Bennett (Crixus aka Slade Wilson/Deathstroke from Arrow) at conventions this past year and they're probably two of the most friendly and welcoming gentlemen I've ever met. Only other guy that comes close to them is Jason Mamoa who did drink beer while talking to me and several other fans

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Vasta
Mariner
posted 09-10-14 03:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
I did love season one of Spartacus. Haven't had a chance to get the rest in yet, but it's on the list somewhere.

I'm perfectly okay with the ridiculousness of the show, because, sure, details were wrong and it was highly stylized, but the "feeling" was right. I don't think I've seen any popular media capture the slave experience so well. The sex scenes were exploitative and rapey and it seemed like their eyes were dead - and that's EXACTLY how it should be. In a way the violence (sexual and otherwise) beats you down until you are no longer shocked and come to accept it, just as, I imagine, slaves would, leading to an tremendous catharsis in the finale of season one (and the best episode title of anything ever).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames