We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Map game?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Map game?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 03-19-14 09:49 AM EDT (US)         
So, how about we have a map game? Or any other kind of forum game for that matter.

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
AuthorReplies:
Zsmart one
Mariner
posted 05-29-14 04:39 PM EDT (US)     26 / 31       
Also, in terms of real life- in a straight out fight- who wins- a man with a sword or a man with a spear? Each have same skill level and a similar shield?
one on one I think the spear man wins if he can get the swords man quickly however if the swordsman gets past the tip of the spear the spear man loses. In a formation situation the spear man has advantage until the formation starts to break apart then the swords man tears them up.

googled it and this came up.

http://historum.com/war-military-history/55142-why-swordsman-shield-weakness-spearmen-pikemen-other-long-pole-arm.html
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 05-29-14 07:52 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31       
That really depends upon numbers, formation, and a whole host of other factions. It might be a good idea to establish some sort of skill/power rating for different types of troops.
Hmm, good idea, i will try to develop something agreeable.
one on one I think the spear man wins if he can get the swords man quickly however if the swordsman gets past the tip of the spear the spear man loses. In a formation situation the spear man has advantage until the formation starts to break apart then the swords man tears them up
Ok then, i will try to figure out something.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 05-30-14 02:41 PM EDT (US)     28 / 31       
General Sajaru was quite right in suggesting a rating point system for the types of soldiers/tactics/etc. being used. However, I think that including an element of probability in all of this, rather than relying on failed and decisively wrong human judgement, so that we would be relying on a completely objective mechanism to decide the victor.

"I long for Darkness."

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 06-28-14 07:02 AM EDT (US)     29 / 31       
Bump.

"I long for Darkness."

Alex_the_Bold
Mariner
posted 06-28-14 08:07 AM EDT (US)     30 / 31       
Well, I'm in if anyone is still interested... I have plenty of time now...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Hannibal the Conqueror
Mariner
posted 07-03-14 03:12 PM EDT (US)     31 / 31       
Me too, I also have loads of time at my hands.

"I long for Darkness."

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames