We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Ship surrenders when on fire, then escapes
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ship surrenders when on fire, then escapes
Grognir
Mariner
posted 12-26-12 04:40 PM EDT (US)         
I'm playing on a Mac. Encountered a strange issue, was wondering if on the original Windows version as well.

I'm the French, at war with the US. A few times now I've battled single american ships with a mixed fleet including rocket ships. The following pattern recurs:

1) The american ship is set afire by the rocket ship(s).

2) The american ship surrenders. The battle is over.

3) The battle ends, but there is no prize money or ship to bring into your fleet, there is no sinking animation, instead the american ship escapes (like a rout)

I've never had this happen in hundreds of hours of playing ETW. Do american ships get some special escape clause? This never happens unless I have rocket ships present, yet I've had them in other campaigns and this pattern seems exclusive to the americans. Anybody know what's up?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames