We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Which processor to buy and will it be enough
Bottom
Topic Subject:Which processor to buy and will it be enough
rb207
Mariner
posted 06-05-12 04:10 AM EDT (US)         
I am a bit confused about how ETW can handle multicore processors. It sounds like dual core is recommended but I thought it used the same engine as Rome?

I am looking for a processor on a budget of around £60-100. I would like to play MTW2 and or ETW. I currently have a dual core 2x2.4ghz intel E6600. graphics card Radeon HD5700 series.

At the moment I can play RTW with Large unit scale fairly smoothly. Medieval2 is less enjoyable because it is not so smooth. I find small unit scale quite unrealistic so I want to play whatever I can play RTW/MTW2/ on large scale.

I am looking at buying one of the following...

Intel E5700 Pentium Dual-Core Processor - 3.00GHz

or

i3-540 Core i3 Dual-Core Processor - 3.06GHz

I would appreciate any advice and or links to previous threads. Thanks
AuthorReplies:
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 06-06-12 04:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Either of those processors should be able to run the game pretty smoothly, though probably not on the largest unit size. They made a lot of improvements to ETW with patches, but it is still a bit of a resource hog. I suppose it would be difficult to buy a 4 or more core processor with your budget, but that's what I would recommend. The dual cores are going the way of the dinosaur.

Here is a thread, which, though a little dated, still provides some good information. Pay particular attention to Daelon's posts, as he was once the resident IT guru, and a hell of a General to boot.

EDIT: Moved to Technical Help Forum, my first official act as a Moderator. It seems I have done this correctly. You are a lucky man, rb207.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)

[This message has been edited by BastWorshiper (edited 06-13-2012 @ 09:29 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames