We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Can anyone help?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Can anyone help?
Brutiangodofrock
Mariner
posted 02-07-11 06:42 PM EDT (US)         
I understand that this is probably the wrong place for this, but i considered it and the Bugs forum is considerably less active and if you think about it, the only people visiting there are people with problems and therefore likely wont have a great knowledge of the game mechanics. So i am hoping i can put this here:

I have complained about this before, over a year ago but once again i have installed Empire and it has failed to work. Well the installation isn't the problem, it took ages to do but it worked. But upon loading the game up i am faced with this screen:

Does anyone have any idea about what the problem is? The last time i tried to play it, clickable bars shown there were the same, but the background was normal the first time where they are not pink. I seem to recall nobody knowing back then, but Empire was still relatively new (Napoleon wasn't out yet if i recall) so i am hoping people will have developed a greater knowledge now and might have figured out the problem?

Thanks
AuthorReplies:
Mercante
Mariner
posted 02-07-11 06:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Though I'm no computer expert, the chopped up visuals and pink tone suggest that your graphics card is likely getting burned out or your computer is just too hot. How old is your graphics card? Do you clean the insides of your computer and ventilate it? Worst case scenario you're probably going to have to get a new graphics card.

Also, the admins are probably gonna move this. Tech problem or not it still has to belong in the appropriate location.

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half filled. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No longer a problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky

[This message has been edited by Mercante (edited 02-07-2011 @ 06:51 PM).]

Matador09
Mariner
posted 02-07-11 07:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Specs for your computer would be helpful.

I would try updating your graphics card drivers before considering a new card.
Brutiangodofrock
Mariner
posted 02-08-11 06:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
How would i go about updating my card? I have had this computer for quite a while, probably between 6-4 years. I haven't changed the card or anything, i wouldn't know how. If i have to buy a new card, how much will that cost me?
The pink tone and dodgy texture are new problems, but the recurring issue is the absense of the text except for the occassional Q. Thanks for the help.

I know this will likely be moved, but i hoped my reasons would make sense to at least delay it being moved, at least until enough people who could help might have seen it.
Primo
Mariner
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 02-08-11 06:25 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
First, check what you have going to start menu, run and type in dxdiag and press enter. Then tell us what it tells you in the display tab.

It's also worth opening your box and checking if you have a PCI-e slot, which looks like this:

Or since you're so close, I could make a house call.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-08-11 09:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
It is still a tech question so I am moving this to the tech forum. Tech-minded people do actually visit it when the new posts icon is glowing, so no fear of getting no response is necessary.

Hussarknight
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames