We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Old Question New Author
Bottom
Topic Subject:Old Question New Author
SheepOfDoom
Mariner
posted 10-22-10 02:42 PM EDT (US)         

Just a quick hi to one an all on all of the heaven pages, ive been browsing them for a few years but never signed up soooo...

Anyways down to business.
Im sure this topic has been raised & answered many times before, but im having problems installing ETW.
Ive scoured the net for the past few hours to no avail whatsoever.
I get the typical steam.dll message or even the connect to internet, which by now is making me want to throttle the monitor.
Ive tried a few of the suggestions, fiddle with firewall, avg etc... but nothing
It installs the first bit of steam but then just dies on that first 'Update' everytime????
Im going absolutely insane here, im on wireless but its a good connection & speed, but i know its gotta be something to do with that..

As for the steam site, it doesnt seem worthwhile messaging them as the common thread seems to be that they just dont care..

Anyways, any help would be really appreciated to help me get this one up an running..

Thanks again
AuthorReplies:
Deingeist
Mariner
posted 10-25-10 10:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
First, try using a cable and connecting it to your router. I am no net expert, but it sounds like if theres a connection problem, that will fix it. My laptop is on wireless and it has a more than decent connection speed but occassionally runs into connection issues. my desktop however is connected by a LAN cable and it's lightening fast and has no connection errors ever.

Secondly, It could somehow be an issue with Steam, you might just have to reinstall Steam. I'd try using the cable first, unless theres no way you can do that.

If that doesn't work I apologize but that's all I've got. I've never had this happen to me and I'm just thinking of possible things you could try.

Good luck, hope someone comes along with more experience on the matter.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames