We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » Great Britain - Grand Campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Great Britain - Grand Campaign
bradley877
Mariner
posted 03-11-16 06:39 AM EDT (US)         
I have read a few guilds for Great Britain which have helped me improve my skills. I have no difficulty conquering the Americas, but from there I do not know where to go. I followed the following guide - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?277223-A-Guide-to-Great-Britain

Many of the other nations seem to be too powerful. I managed to conquer Norway and Sweden, but time was running out and a few of my trade routes were blocked. My navy was not strong enough and I had difficulty building up my navy bigger because of my trade issues.

Once conquering the Americas, where would you suggest going from there? Or would you suggest a different strategy?
AuthorReplies:
Pitt
Commodore
posted 03-16-16 07:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
It's been a while since I played a Great Britain campaign, but personally I always tried to make sure that no hostile power could ever build a large enough navy to threaten me. As soon as possible I would destroy the French navy (at the beginning of a campaign your two fleets in British waters should be strong enough to gain naval superiority), then constantly raid or blockade their ports to prevent them constructing more ships. Then do the same to the Spanish (this also has the benefit of not requiring you to keep much of an army in Britain). That basically just leaves Sweden or possibly Russia as the most likely naval threats in Europe.

I would tend to go for India as well as the Americas. But it depends on how finely balanced the fighting between the Marathas and Mughals is. If the Mughals are clearly losing, you can either try to prop them up or instead seize their remaining territories before the Marathas can conquer them and become even stronger.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames