We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » I... just... can't... DO IT!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I... just... can't... DO IT!!
zohaa3492
Mariner
posted 11-02-14 02:51 PM EDT (US)         
I admit it. I am officially the worst admiral ever.

I can't win anything unless I outnumber the enemy 2-1. I go out of my way to build the best navies to ensure I never lose, because if I do not absolutely out-gun and out-man the enemy, I will lose. I do not know how to control my ships, especially in large battles, and how do I keep a battle from descending into utter chaos?

Just the other day in a battle with the Polish fleet I had 6 2nd rates, a 3rd rate admiral, and 2 4th rates. The Poles had 3 2nd rates, and 4 3rd rates. I lost my admiral, 5 2nd rates, and one 4th rate, while I captured one 3rd rate and defeated the rest of the Poles. I vastly outnumbered and outgunned them, yet suffered horrendous losses.

I simply cannot command and control my fleets. Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to improving naval capabilities? Even some pointers would help. Feel free to post whatever. You won't offend me: I already admitted I suck.

Unlike scam 350-050 dumps marks in IBM latest resource Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Our 646-578 contains all those California Institute of Technology You can get our Rasmussen College
AuthorReplies:
Belth
Mariner
posted 12-10-14 00:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I would recommend scaling down your navies and working on your unit control. Outmaneuvering your opposition is critical on the high seas to maximize your firepower and negating the enemy's firepower. It is possible to sink a ship-of-the-line with a sloop if you have the patience and skill!! Using the wind to your advantage is key!
You might research a little into sailing if you aren't familiar with the basics. Ship speed will vary depending which side the wind is blowing it from. You may learn something useful (my previous experience on small one-man sailboats years ago helped so much in naval battles).
Youtube has a lot of demos and how-to content specifically for naval battles in Empire:TW.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames