We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » Selling off poor Russian provinces
Bottom
Topic Subject:Selling off poor Russian provinces
Grognir
Mariner
posted 02-18-13 08:27 AM EDT (US)         
I'm on a mac, and so fairly new to ETW. Sorry if the below is obvious to more veteran players.

Russia starts off with 6k gold but wouldn't 34k be better? It sounds like a lot but it's very easy to spend it all on the first turn. Here's what I did:

After adjusting ministers:

1) Sold Don Voisko and Astrakhan to the Mughuls for 12,000. This means Russia no longer border Georgia or Dagestan and so neither nation declares war on you. The whole southern front is quite until Maratha moves up

2) Sold Karelia to Denmark for 8,000.

3) Sold Arkhangelsk to the Prussians for 8,000. (I'm rethinking this, maybe selling to Maratha might be better. The Mughuls are broke after paying their 12k)

Edited to add: Maratha won't buy it, but Persia will. Given that I've now taken most or all the starting money from the two major impediments to Maratha, I'm thinking give them any techs you research.

[This message has been edited by Grognir (edited 02-18-2013 @ 08:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 02-18-13 10:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
There are certainly pro's and con's to this method, but he who dares wins right? Now, depending on how quickly you reconquer these sold off provinces, if you ever plan to. It would be interesting to see whether or not the long term growth and taxation of these regions would outweigh the advantages of receiving a large sum of ducats (money) upfront.

Certainly if you made an early concerted military push towards the more lucrative provinces it might not matter. Unless rapid industrialisation of Russia would cover the shortfall, in which case you could probably take your time. Arguably as long as the Russian Empire succeeds there is no right or wrong answer, but rather just multiple routes to victory.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames