We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » Damn Spanish-French Alliance
Bottom
Topic Subject:Damn Spanish-French Alliance
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 12-03-12 04:32 PM EDT (US)         
Playing as the Italian State(awesome campaign btw). In the early turns i managed to capture Venice and quickly make peace with the Venetians. After the conquest of Venice, i went to North Africa and took the Barbary states. It is currently 1927 and i am gearing up to take Genoa. My aim is a steady increase in my power and victory through territories but this will entail me declaring simultaneous war on the Spanish and French, due to their alliance. I cant even declare war on a third part to only drag Spain into war as they are allied with the same people. I need to take the Spanish territories on the Italian Peninsular as well as Sardinia but my fleet is basically brigs and 1 sixth rate due to my lack of Dockyards. Should i wait until i can ally with France to not drag them in to the war, or create my own coalition of opposing powers? Dont know which path to take..:/

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
AuthorReplies:
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 12-04-12 05:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I have found having a common ally is no guarantee that it will keep the country you want out of the war on your enemy's side. Having a trade agreement with the country in question (i.e. France) will probably help. Another possibility to to sue for peace with France if they join Spain though again, this is hit-or-miss and getting peace with France might cost you a lot.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 12-06-12 03:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
After taking down Genoa in one turn i readied my armies. I declared war on Spain but they dragged France into it. But with my armies poised ready to strike, i managed to take Milan, Savoy, Naples and Sardinia all in one turn and bout and expensive peace with France and Spain in the same turn. Added 4 territories in one turn and made peace. Pretty good deal. now i am giving myself about 10 years to consolidate as i am making only 3000 a turn due to my massive military. Good campaign so far though!

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 12-07-12 05:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I'm curious what mod you're using for other faction playing? I tried one a long while back but it caused the game to crash more often than usual so I haven't tried any since.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 12-09-12 06:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Just using a basic all factions mod.
Try this website and download the Early Campaign No FOW bug.zip works really well.

historyrewriter
Mariner
posted 01-05-13 09:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
get trade with france then become an ally, when attacking spain don't call ally's to help. france will be your ally and wont attack you. eventually you can get france to declare war on spain. i got france to ally with GB and the netherlands and to fight spain
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames