We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » City Fort Repair Mysteries
Bottom
Topic Subject:City Fort Repair Mysteries
Grognir
Mariner
posted 11-15-12 04:51 PM EDT (US)         
So as a Mac user I'm new to ETW though have played probably a few hundred hours since it came out for that platform. I'm also a TW veteran going back to the original Shogun. I've read in forums about the 'city fort repair bug' which claims that due to a bug breaches in walls last forever. I've read claims that city forts are repaired slowly, over time. There's also the idea that city forts are part of a 'ring of forts'.

Once as the Prussians I had Konigsberg assaulted three times during a single turn. The assaults punched holes in the walls yet each new assault featured a fully repaired and functional city fort. Maybe this is part of the 'ring of forts' idea; the forts were actually different forts and likely the enemies assaulted from different directions. Is that it?

Currently I'm playing as France and for a while Strasbourgh (in Alsace Lorraine) was getting regularly assaulted by the Westphalians and Wurtemburgers. They would often punch multiple holds in the walls yet a couple years later the city fort is as good as new. Contrast with other times and places where the holes last seemingly forever (and continue burning to boot).

Is it because Strasbourgh has a military government building? Is it because it has a large garrison including 2-4 infantry regiments? Does having a General present make a difference?

In short, is their a definitive post about how city fort repairs do or do not work? Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 11-20-12 02:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I believe the mystery remains.

I cannot recall seeing any definitive post on the subject. My own experience is widely varied. I subscribe to the "repair-over-time" theory, but I suspect there are additional factors I have yet to identify.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames