We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » Huzzah!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Huzzah!
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10-12-12 08:15 PM EDT (US)         
Finally got my computer to play ETW again and am itching to play the Matharas and install the all factions mod. Any tips as I rediscover this game? What's your most recent campaign?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
AuthorReplies:
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 10-14-12 09:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Welcome back to the game! No tips from me as I am not a very hardcore player. Lately I have been trying various Ottoman campaigns to try different strategies to find one I like.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-15-12 01:13 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Started a Russian Campaign but my biggest problem is the economy. I am bringing in about 6.5k a turn so its ok but not stella.. The problem is that I have few commodities to trade other than fur and that's not too great. Any ideas for better economy?

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 10-15-12 10:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Keeping in mind I play on M/H, what I have found to be helpful is I send a brig with 1 or 2 merchant ships to as many trade nodes as I can. I only use 1 brig because (as you probably know) if you're attacked in a naval battle all you have to do is basically survive and you win the battle. So I just sail the brig all over the battle map and wait for the timer to run out. I use a brig because of the stern chasers and I load chain shot so even if the ships are as fast as me I can wear down their speed by shooting up rigging and masts. Later on I'll add merchants ships but 1 or 2 per node seems to help.

Another thing I try to do is capture one of the pirate islands and make the port a trade port. The other thing I do for the first 5 or so years (10 turns) is REALLY try to avoid wars. I try to make peace with the Ottoman and keep a trade agreement with Sweden going at least for a while til my economy is going better.

[This message has been edited by Warguppy (edited 10-15-2012 @ 10:55 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10-16-12 02:38 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I was considering taking the pirate islands already, now that I am at peace with all European nations. The sugar and something will help indeed as we'll as securing a good base for advance into colonies as I declare war on other nations.

Warguppy
Mariner
posted 10-16-12 05:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I like having a foothold in the southern Carib on the chance that the UP gets knocked out of the game and Dutch Guyana goes Rebel. That has usually helped a lot in my quest for income. Sailing to the Indian Ocean and grabbing Ceylon is also an option then but it does eventually seem to irritate the Maratha more than they would otherwise be.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames