We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » AI Sea Invasion
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI Sea Invasion
Wolf Dragoons
Mariner
posted 07-25-12 11:42 AM EDT (US)         
This is my first time on a form so I apologize for any mistakes.

To the point, I've noticed in a lot of forums no one has even been invaded by sea. In my British campaign Spain lost Florida to the Cherokee and before I know it they sent a massive fleet and a ton of native warriors to my island off Florida. I've also been invaded once before but I forgot exactly where and by who.
AuthorReplies:
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 07-25-12 11:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Welcome to the forums, Wolf! It's nice to see a new face... forummer.

I don't find it unusual for the AI to invade by sea. I've seen the Maratha Confederacy launch sea invasions quite frequently. They once invaded my allies, the Crimean Khanate, when I was playing as the Ottoman Empire. It was quite a surprise when I followed their massive fleet with a full-stack army aboard through the Mediterranean into the Black Sea. I've also had the Maratha invade my holdings in the New World, when playing as the French. In fact, in the same game, Venice invaded one of my islands.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Wolf Dragoons
Mariner
posted 07-25-12 12:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Hmm. Thanks for the nice reply and welcome.

Maybe I was wrong. I had just been reading others and I hadn't seen anything about people getting invaded. i guess I'll have to start reinforcing my islands.
Pitt
Commodore
posted 07-25-12 12:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I'll second Bast's welcoming you to the forum, Wolf Dragoons!

When ETW was originally released, the AI essentially never tried sea invasions. Subsequent patches have remedied this, but sea invasions tend to be most frequently seen when playing at the higher difficulty settings. Certain states tend to launch them more than others, based on their geography etc.

As befits a major naval power, Britain tends to be quite active in this regard.

On a number of occasions I've seen Sweden invade Hanover by sea if Denmark still controls Copenhagen and is blocking the land route.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Wolf Dragoons
Mariner
posted 07-25-12 01:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Thanks Pitt. That makes sense. I ramped up the difficulty and that's when they started invading.
Waffentraeger
Mariner
(id: Daelon)
posted 08-12-12 09:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I've been playing a campaign on DMUC (Darth Mod) as spain and was recently invaded by the sea by two armies from Britain with three near full sized fleets in support. God help me.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames