We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Forum
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » News Forum » It's the final countdown... but to what?
Bottom
Topic Subject:It's the final countdown... but to what?
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-25-10 11:27 AM EDT (US)         
A count-down in the form of an hourglass has appeared on TotalWar.com. At the moment it counts down to 1908 upon opening the page.

The teaser follows the recent claim from VE3D that the new Total War game will be announced at the E3 next month.

Hussarknight
AuthorReplies:
Primo
Mariner
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 05-25-10 03:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Hmm, if it goes down a year a day it will only get to the early 1800s by E3...

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Waffentraeger
Mariner
(id: Daelon)
posted 05-26-10 09:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
HK.. You silly goose it's the countdown for the end of the world. duh.
Thrashmad
Mariner
posted 05-27-10 08:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
HK.. You silly goose it's the countdown for the end of the world. duh.
So they are going back in time to destroy the world when the countdown is finished?

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
Waffentraeger
Mariner
posted 05-28-10 02:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
So they are going back in time to destroy the world when the countdown is finished?
That is what it seems, my squire.

On a side note, I'd like a remake of Shogun TW!

Thank you to Scipii for this link:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05/28/son-of-a-shogun-shogun-2-total-war/

[This message has been edited by Daelon (edited 05-28-2010 @ 03:21 PM).]

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-29-10 03:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Kotaku reports that a Turkish gaming site leaked they had an appointment with Sega to talk about Shogun 2 at the E3. The post on the Turkish site has now been removed. (Which also is what the link Daelon provided tells you).

I have to say I don't believe that press release is genuine, some parts of it don't seem like what CA would write.

Also, CA posted this on their Twitter page:
In Spring it roams not. / Maybe eastern sun rises / Nor will it show guns
That seems to confirm that there won't be gunpowder and it definitely doesn't rule out Shogun 2. What's interesting is that it has the form of a Haiku, a Japanese form of poetry, which could hint at a setting in the Far East.

Hussarknight
Waffentraeger
Mariner
posted 05-29-10 03:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Honestly it doesn't necessarily have to be a redo of Shogun. There is so much history involving the eastern Asian countries that CA would have its hands full. 200AD with the three kingdoms is a place to start.

HK-

I would have to agree that the few points we've seen shows that the next game would possibly be a Shogun 2. You really nailed it with the line from their twitter page.

Discuss.

[This message has been edited by Daelon (edited 05-29-2010 @ 03:28 AM).]

Primo
Mariner
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 05-29-10 09:33 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
If you access the flash object directly, it goes down to zero, though it probably doesn't mean anything:

http://www.totalwar.com/_landing_page/twTimerLarge.swf

According to the page source, the JS for it counts it down to 1730. I think they change it manually every day.
swfobject.embedSWF("_landing_page/twTimerLarge.swf", "timerFlash", "210", "439", "10.0.0.0", "",
{countTo: "1730"}, {wmode: "transparent", menu: "false"});

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 05-29-2010 @ 09:37 AM).]

Shawdster
Mariner
posted 05-29-10 11:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
the increment it decreases by seems to getting smaller and smaller. I think its safe to say its not going to reach back to 200 bc, which means no Rome Total War 2. It definitely looks like its returning to Shogun.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-31-10 03:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
The countdown also can't handle dates below zero, so Rome 2 does seem unlikely, or it would have to start at a later date like BI.

Hussarknight
Cordyceps
Naphal
(id: ArchDruid)
posted 05-31-10 07:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
It's going to be a remake of Shogun.

pc.ign.com has a 'mystery trailer' posted featuring an elderly Japanese man painting Japanese symbols on Japanese paper, all the while speaking in Japanese. One of the discernible words is 'shogun', right near the start.

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
Waffentraeger
Mariner
posted 05-31-10 09:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
It's going to be a remake of Shogun.
I agree. Everything I have heard/seen is pointing towards Shogun which honestly is going to be perfect timing because of my new PC project this summer.
Hunterufus
Mariner
posted 06-01-10 08:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
I'm waiting for the:
"We're only pulling you chains with the ol' Shogun thing guys! Its actually going to be WW1! Merry Christmas!"

Baggies great escape!

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Bender, be careful! That's the ship's diamond filament tether. It's unbreakable.
Bender: Then why do I have to be careful?
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: It belonged to my Grandmother.
LordTaeglan
Mariner
posted 06-02-10 05:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
And, the answer is: Shogun 2. Yep, guesses right chaps...

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear
Waffentraeger
Mariner
posted 06-02-10 08:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
When are we going to make a Shogun2 thread so we can start spamming about it?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames