We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War Modifications
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War Modifications » Trade Route Mods
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trade Route Mods
webstral
Mariner
posted 01-21-13 10:57 PM EDT (US)         
Has anyone made a mod in which it is possible to trade with factions without having a direct overland route or the right port facilities at either end? I’m thinking of the First Nations (Iroquois, Cherokee, Plains, etc) in particular. Also, another variant would be an option to trade through an overland route made possible by ports. For instance, if I am Great Britain and want to trade with the Ottoman Empire, I could (with modification) trade by having a land connection in North Africa and a friendly port that connects back to Great Britain. Another prospect could be trading inland through a third party. Let’s say that Great Britain wants to trade with Austria, but Austria has lost her ports. A possibility for a mod might be the ability to trade with Austria through Venice’s ports. Venice would get a cut of the action and could sever the trade link at will. Alternatively, Great Britain could trade with Hannover through Denmark or Courland through Poland-Lithuania. This last arrangement would be very fragile, but it would expand the trade possibilities enormously.

The musket is for fixing and softening the enemy. The bayonet is for destroying him.
AuthorReplies:
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 01-22-13 08:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I like the idea, but I have not heard of such a mod. It seems like it would be difficult to balance, though not necessarily hard to code.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames