We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War Modifications
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies, Sticky
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War Modifications » The Empire: Total War Mod Index
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Empire: Total War Mod Index
Mythic_Commodore
Ministerialis
posted 09-09-09 04:42 PM EDT (US)         
This is a collection of some of the best mods for Empire: Total War. They should make your game prettier, faster, and have far more content and are enough to turn an already good game great.

Major Mods

China Mod
This yet-to-be released mod adds a China faction to the game. They start in northern India. The quality of the skins look good, but it seems that the mod is only for 1.0, so if you've patched your game, it may not work.

Ornamentum Skinpack
I'm listing this as a major mod because the quality of the new units added by this mod is so high. This adds in elite new units with high-quality skins in a format reminiscent of the official DLC. Danova's skins never cease to impress.

A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita
This mod seems to add a bit in all directions: gameplay, graphics, content, etc. I haven't played it so I can't really say anything definitive. If anyone who has played it has anything to say about it, I'll add their comments.

Imperial Splendor
This mod adds quite a bit content-wise, like an improved AOR system and unique rosters for more factions such as Denmark and the Italian States.

DarthMod Empire
The latest in a long series of DarthMods, this iteration focuses on improving gameplay mechanics. The Commander Edition allows you to play with greatly increased unit sizes.

Regalia of Nations
One of my personal favorites. This mod is the ultimate visual overhaul for Empire: Total War. It compiles many smaller visual mods, like the Battlefield Smoke and Blood Mod, as well as new uniforms and flags. It also allows all nations except Louisiana, New Spain, and the Thirteen Colonies to have new flags when they rebel.

The Rights of Man
This mod seems to be focused on improving the balance and overall feel of the game without changing content too much.

Empire Optimized
This mod basically makes your game run many times faster with few noticeable visual side effects. In terms of file size this is the largest mod for Empire: Total War, weighing in at a whopping 750MB. It also doesn't play nicely with other reskin mods all the time. But there is definitely a large increase in performance when using it.

Additional Units Pack
Another favorite of mine. This mod adds in many new units, including Conquistadors, Swiss Pikemen, Shotgunners, and Marines. It is also compatible with most major mods (it makes a mean combination with Regalia of Nations).

European Wars
This mod adds historical accuracy through new units and uniforms, as well as more factions elevated to major status.

Unit Reskins/New Unit Packs

German States Mod

United Provinces Retexture Project

Sir Caesar's Texture Thread

Unitpack Compatibility Project

ToonTotalWar's Army Mods

Ottoman Realism Mod

Austrian Army Mod

Hornblower Mod

Swedish Army Mod

The Great Spirit - Native American Army Mod

The Glory of the Russian Empire

Prussian Realistic Uniforms

Aeiou Mod (Austrian Army)

Jared the Piper's Reskins

That's all for now, but I hope to update this list in the near future.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Commodore (edited 09-09-2009 @ 10:57 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Thrashmad
Mariner
posted 09-10-09 04:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I had Darthmod installed for a while, but when I played to it in a campaign I had already started, units that where recruited had 225 soldiers in it. And I didn't want to disband my experienced soldiers. It didn't matter if I put the unit size on small where a LI should have 150 soldiers, they get 225 in the campaign anyway.

An small advice: use the Mod Manager when you install mods.

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 09-29-09 05:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
A good list, I am a big fan of the Ornamentum Skinpacks, Regalia of Nations flags and of course the Blood and Smoke Mod.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Patpat
Mariner
posted 11-16-09 07:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Is most of this mod have blood and smoke? (major one only)
Because SMOKE MAKE ME LAG BADLY

not again...
Mythic_Commodore
Ministerialis
posted 11-23-09 03:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
A lot of them do - your best bet is to check the threads for the individual mods.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 11-29-09 04:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Has anyone used the Empire Optimised Mod how does it increase performance?

Rangers Lead the Way!
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 05-11-10 06:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Stickied.

See a mod you use not listed here? Let us know what its called, leave a brief description and link and we'll put it on the list for other forumers to enjoy

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames