We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War Modifications
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War Modifications » Unit Descriptions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Unit Descriptions
Cauchpotato
Vice-Admiral
posted 08-15-09 06:14 PM EDT (US)         
I'm currently in the middle of writing anarticle to upload onto the site about creating new units.
I have already made several of my own, but can anyone please tell me which file the unit descriptions are located in?

Wyrd bid ful araed
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but of the best shots. (Voltaire)
AuthorReplies:
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-18-09 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
My best guess.

patch_en.pack file
text
localisations.loc

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-18-09 03:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
It seems to be:
unit_description_texts_description_text_razee
A razee is a robust frigate, created by cutting the top deck off a larger ship of the line.
That's the short description.
unit_description_texts_long_description_text_east_ethnic_hillme n_musketeers
Mountains breed men who are unforgiving to their enemies, suspicious of strangers and wary around their friends. Life is hard in the mountains, and it is easier to take something than build, grow or make it. Banditry, feuds, revenge and murder are a way of life for many, and the survivors of this harsh school of life must be tough and uncompromising in their hating. All this means that they superb in war: deadly shots and dirty fighters. Any governor who tries to impose order rapidly finds that hill folk may fight each other, but they will always unite against the outsider.

Historically, many outside powers have tried to tame the wilder elements in Kurdish and Afghan society but with mixed results. Alexander the Great gave up, even after marrying a Bactrian woman, Roxana. In 1842, for example, a 15,000-strong British column decided to withdraw from Afghanistan back to India. Only one man actually made it back to “civilization” alive.
Appears to be the long description.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames