We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War Modifications
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War Modifications » Changing the number of turns to end campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Changing the number of turns to end campaign
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-06-09 05:25 PM EDT (US)         
I got a little bored waiting 99 years for my most recent campaign to end and decided to try and mod it. I've extracted all the pack files and have been hunting around with DBEditor 1.2 but it's not immediately clear which one I need to edit.
Any suggestions?

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

AuthorReplies:
shadowdrummer46
Mariner
posted 08-08-09 01:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Im not real good with modding, but I think I saw something about this over on TWC modding forums.

Might be a place to start looking...

Sorry I cant offer more help than that.

Aspiring scientist and millitary enthusiast.

I tend to be long-winded. Thanks for any help.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-13-09 06:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
The good news is that I have an answer now.

You need to download this file.

Unzip it, then open the "startpos.esf" file in data/campaign/main.

Open up the tree.
The ones you want are:
CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS
Then CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN-MAP_INFO
Then VICTORY_CONDITION_OPTIONS

You will then get 11 separate VICTORY_CONDITION_OPTIONS. Each one of these is for one of the major factions. Click directly on it and the faction name will come up in the right hand window.

Lets take Prussia as the example.
Open the tree and you get four new sub-trees.
Each of these is for the different type of campaign: domination, long, short and prestige.

Now look at CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS.
The third last item will be a single digit number. The number will be either 0, 1, 2, 3.
0 is for the short campaign.
1 is for the long campaign.

The second entry down is the completion year. If you want the campaign objective to finish in 1775, click on the 1799 figure and in put 1775, then save.
It's as easy as that.

You can change provinces required too. Go to the multiple REGION_KEYS. Each one of these is for a region. You can edit them. You can also copy to create new ones and delete existing ones.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames