We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War Modifications
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War Modifications » Battlefield Smoke, Sound and Blood Mod
Bottom
Topic Subject:Battlefield Smoke, Sound and Blood Mod
Andalus
Mariner
posted 03-18-09 07:30 AM EDT (US)         
Mech_Donald on TWC has created a mod for E:TW which will enhance many of the visual and audio effects. Want to hear your soldiers marching to war to the sound of fife and drums? You've got it. A field covered with the smoke and dust of pitched battle? That too. All-round action intensified by extra blood effects and realistic cannball effects? It's all in there. Here's what you'll get with the Battlefield Smoke Mod 2.5:
    better musketfire
    better musketsmoke effects
    long-lasting, ascending battlefield smoke
    better cannonfire effects
    better ground hit effects for cannonball and explosiv ammunition
    ship cannon fire effects much improved
    blood effects enabled for roundshot hits
See more and get the download links here.

And don't worry, there are a few different versions which enable you to choose a 'light' version of the mod, or just the battlefield sound, or so on. It is also apparently compatible with multiplayer, though using the smoke mod for MP is not recommended as it can cause lag.

Video #1
Video #2

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 03-18-2009 @ 01:35 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-18-09 08:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
This looks pretty cool, I always thought the lack of blood was a little odd. What I would really like to see though is uniforms getting a little tattered and dirty as the battle goes on, especially in harsh weather conditions.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
sskrypteia
Mariner
posted 03-18-09 09:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
Does it make the sound for musket fire louder? Cause i've found that the musket sounds are way below epic, and i want epic battles!

Síleann do chara agus do namhaid nach bhfaighidh tú bás choíche. - Both your friend and your enemy think that you will never die.
Waffentraeger
Mariner
(id: Daelon)
posted 03-18-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
Someone PLEASE try this, want to make sure its worth it all. The description makes it seem good though. Cheers everyone.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-18-09 10:38 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
I'm messing around now, will post some pics shortly.

A f t y

A A R S

Andalus
Mariner
posted 03-18-09 01:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
Updated the OP with direct links to the videos provided by the creator.
Primo
Mariner
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 03-19-09 00:14 AM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Liking it so far, though the blood effect is only when musket balls or cannonballs hit troops. The blood doesn't stay. The smoke is better, haven't heard the music yet, but time will tell.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 03-19-09 05:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
I love the drums and fifes. The Grenadiers march is very very good. Oh it's giving me goosebumps!

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Sir Savage
Mariner
posted 03-19-09 06:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
So the blood disappears?
Gimile75
Mariner
posted 03-20-09 04:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
This is a good mod, but the smoke can reduce your performance.
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 03-20-09 04:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
I need some help. I downloading it and when I came to installing it I saw this.

http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/ph08yyt/?action=view¤t=greece-2.jpg

That's for the Blood Mod. But I don't know what to do. It's the same thing for the Smoke Mod as well. Any suggestions?

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
bigseb31213
Mariner
posted 03-26-09 10:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
how do i install the mod?
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-27-09 04:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
To install, place the .pack file that's in the download in your Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data folder

Hussarknight
xXDerToteRabeXx
Mariner
posted 03-28-09 03:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
Does the sound mod have different sounds for each faction or is it just one sound they play for all factions?

"Cowards die many times before their deaths: The valiant never taste of death but once."
[1599 Shakespeare Julius Caesar ii. ii. 32]

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily"
[Napoleon Bonaparte]
Andalus
Mariner
posted 03-29-09 02:21 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
As I understand it the sounds are not faction-specific.

2.9 has been released, btw. Use the same link.
xXDerToteRabeXx
Mariner
posted 03-29-09 05:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
As I understand it the sounds are not faction-specific.
Aww i dont want to be hearing a British march song when playing another faction. Oh well i suspect eventually they will add unique sounds for more factions.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths: The valiant never taste of death but once."
[1599 Shakespeare Julius Caesar ii. ii. 32]

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily"
[Napoleon Bonaparte]
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 05-06-09 07:37 AM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
I'm using the light version but it seems a little too light on the Smoke effects, might give the larger one a go but I don't really wanna have to turn some graphics settings down to have it run smoothly.

A f t y

A A R S

jomas
Mariner
posted 05-08-09 07:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
im just wondering, but does this mod change the smoke completely?
because i found out the biggest factors to my lagg is trees and smoke
so is there any difference?
OctavianIV
Mariner
posted 05-09-09 03:30 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
If playing with this mod is it still posisble to play others in MP who don't play with the mod?

A right-angled triangle has sides a, b, and c, and a<b<c. a+c=49.
Find the area of the triangle.
"It is not the job of Mathematicians to do correct arithmetical operations - that is the job of bank accountants". - Shatunovskiy
DietrichStahl
Mariner
posted 08-26-09 05:26 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
A great mod.

The day will come when this, and better, comes standard with TW games.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 08-26-09 05:54 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
I am running the full latest version of this mod and I must say it is fantastic, absolutely essential to enjoying the battles to the max.

All that is missing is the screams, battle cries and generally the atmospheric sounds of the fighting which was in all of the pre-release trailers.
If playing with this mod is it still posisble to play others in MP who don't play with the mod?
Yes, it should be. All the mod does is change the graphical settings of your game.
because i found out the biggest factors to my lagg is trees and smoke
so is there any difference?
If your game is already laggy try the lightest version of the mod, but I reckon you'll make it laggier. Try downloading the blood separately at least - it is well worth it even without the smoke.
The day will come when this, and better, comes standard with TW games.
It has been stated that the next TW game 'Napoleon' will have greater battlefield smoke effects and if you take a look at some of the pictures it appears to be true. Blood however I can't imagine being in the game as it is in this mod.

A f t y

A A R S

DietrichStahl
Mariner
posted 08-28-09 03:30 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
lol as I said,

The day will come.

Imagine... total realism.

The day will come.

Every bullet fired having a unique effect on the properly simulated internals of an enemy! Imagine what would be left of a group of men blasted with canister shot!

The day will come.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames