We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Naval Battles
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Naval Battles » Fire ships?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fire ships?
Skopje
Mariner
posted 12-27-10 04:44 PM EDT (US)         
Hello, I'm not really a naval tactician. Land Battles are my forte, but I'm getting to be an alright sailor! :P I've found that using the smaller 'galley' & 'light galley' as literal suicide ships, is very useful, especially against larger fleets on a hard/very hard difficulty level. Simply keep them behind the target ship's line of fire, then pull up right next to it, and await a broadside. Being so small, this will more than likely cause the ship to explode, catching the target ship alight as well. It doesn't always work, but it at least damages the ship quite a bit.

It's quite simple actually, I plan to kill them all, then go back for the rum. Aye?
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-28-10 06:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
That can work wonders indeed. It's a shame it's a one-time trick and you have to relpace them after each battle, but at least t gives those galleys a use.

Hussarknight
Skopje
Mariner
posted 12-28-10 02:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Aye, they're not terribly expensive either. Even if you're scaping the bottom of the treasury each turn like me. -.-

It's quite simple actually, I plan to kill them all, then go back for the rum. Aye?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames