We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Naval Battles
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Naval Battles » Boom! The naval explosion thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Boom! The naval explosion thread
Pitt
Commodore
posted 09-21-09 11:24 PM EDT (US)         
The title pretty much says it all.

If you have a nice screenshot of a naval battle, with sinkings and explosions and other exciting things, post them here.

Two rules:
  1. Make the images thumbnails
  2. Please give a brief description for the picture

Feel free to comment on people's screenshots.

Thanks to Legion Of Hell for giving me the idea for the thread

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
AuthorReplies:
Pitt
Commodore
posted 09-21-09 11:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I'll start it off with some screenshots from a battle I fought last night.

A Pirate fleet attacked one of my West Indies trading stations, but fortunately I had a couple of Fluyts stationed there.

A Pirate 5th Rate founders, with its side practically blown away.

View from a Fluyt as a Xebec explodes

Boom! A closer view.

And the aftermath. Has anyone else seen a ship break in half? It's the first time I have.

What pictures does everyone else have?

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 09-22-09 01:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Sry i dont have any pics to share, dosent even have a pic of ETW at all.

Pitt that exsplotion was nice, dont like those pirates, anyway so its good you sank them.

But one picture who would been cool was a line of ship exsplording. And a boarding pic, love to see the men fight at the deck of the ships.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
HermannTLombard
Mariner
posted 09-25-09 06:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Well...I know how to insert an image but not a thumbnail. It's not in the BBCode list. I'll be happy to provide a couple of images.

My mind is like a steel sieve.
Pitt
Commodore
posted 09-28-09 01:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Which image-hosting website are you using? If it's photobucket, click on more >> underneath the BBCode displayed to see the thumbnail link.

I imagine imageshack is similar.

Gaius has posted some FAQs about screenshots here.

[This message has been edited by Pitt (edited 09-28-2009 @ 01:36 AM).]

LeGiT
Mariner
posted 09-28-09 02:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Hmm, I'm starting a new French Vh/Vh campain, I'll be sure to get some pict's now.
Gallowglass
Mariner
posted 09-29-09 05:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Another French ship is destroyed by the Triath nan Eilean, the largest warship in India.

I'll have some good pictures soon. I've just send the Triath nan Eilean, with ships of a similar size, Domhnall and Amazon, into the Americas. The French and Spanish have several large fleets there, although they're mostly small ships. The results should be a lot of explosions.

There's also a ship the same size as Triath nan Eilean, which the French captured from Georgia. I intend to find it, and destroy it (I don't need to capture it, I have three of the things). The explosion should take out the Spanish garrison in Cuba.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 09-29-2009 @ 05:26 PM).]

Pitt
Commodore
posted 10-06-09 07:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Is it just me, or are there more naval explosions after patch 1.4?

View of a Barbary galley from a 4th Rate; you can see the sailors being blown off the other ship by the explosion

The aftermath. It's still burning, even though it's under water!

KroNicK
Mariner
posted 10-07-09 01:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I would have to say Pitt that the picture with the men being thrown from the galley is the best I have ever seen. It looks like a mini-nuke being detonated. Very dramatic. Well done sir!

[This message has been edited by KroNicK (edited 10-07-2009 @ 02:02 AM).]

Warguppy
Mariner
posted 10-07-09 10:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
*The aftermath. It's still burning, even though it's under water!*

Certain metals will burn even if submerged completely in water (magnesium being a prime example). Though I doubt there was much of that in the 18th century. Perhaps it was phosphorus.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
Pitt
Commodore
posted 10-07-09 11:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Maybe it was carrying Greek fire ...

Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 10-07-09 12:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
this text have not been looked over for grammar or spelling mistakes.

Pitt that is the coolest naval picture i have ever seen. Very cool and that little exsplotion as a nuke was genius. Ohh how i love an good exsplotion.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames