We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Naval Battles
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Naval Battles » Naval Invasion!!.....On an unpatched Empire??!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Naval Invasion!!.....On an unpatched Empire??!!
GSROCKS
Mariner
posted 09-08-09 07:10 PM EDT (US)         
Hey to everyone reading this. I was just trawling thought the forums when i noticed lots of ppl r either complaining or thanking their lucky stars that there aren't any naval invasions in Empire. Well I beg to differ I have a screen shot of one just such thing and if anyone will help me out I'll edit this and put it up quicksmart.

Captain: Sally up the main mast and tell me what you see
Jenkins: But sir...........Its a rowboat.
Captain: Well um, err, yes I knew that.
AuthorReplies:
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 09-08-09 08:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
It isn't that they don't happen, it's just that they rarely do. Very rarely from what it seems.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
GSROCKS
Mariner
posted 09-08-09 09:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Ah ok then. Well at least they weren't invading me. Btw how do you post pictures up here. I have a mind to start a topic on funniest ETW moments and have got a few to share.

Captain: Sally up the main mast and tell me what you see
Jenkins: But sir...........Its a rowboat.
Captain: Well um, err, yes I knew that.
Pitt
Commodore
posted 09-08-09 10:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
If you want to post screenshots, you'll need to do a few things.

1. Upload them to a free image-hosting website, such as Imageshack or Photobucket.

2. Once you've done that, you just copy and paste the image url into your post. The image websites automatically include the tags for you, i.e.
[img]Picture url here[/img]
This thread here tells you everything you'll need to know.

If you're starting a topic on general ETW moments etc, the Campaign and Discussion Forum is the best place for it. That's not to say that you can't post screenshots demonstrating events relevant to the other forums. You could post the naval invasion one here, for example.

Good luck

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Thrashmad
Mariner
posted 09-10-09 04:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I have seen one naval invasion, in the latest patch. the British send an army to Tripoli and took it, but they didn't advance any further against the Barbary state and quiute many turns have passed.

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-10-09 08:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I remember in my toiling about as the Ottomans to take Austria that for some unknown reason, Madrid and Paris seemed to be flying Union flags around turn 45. Odd...

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”
JeanBaptiste
Mariner
posted 09-11-09 06:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
I have to deal with an invasion of the British in Hamburg playing with the French occupying the Netherlands.

It is in my recent campaign, it happened yesterday thus with latest patches 1.3.1.x.

Campaign on hardest/battles on normal.

Jean-Baptiste Raymond de Lacrosse (Meilhan, 5 September 1761 — Meilhan, 10 September 1829) was a French sailor and admiral, hero of the French Revolutionary Wars.
HermannTLombard
Mariner
posted 09-11-09 12:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
In my current GB campaign it was the French who sent an armada to take Tripoli...and also failed to exploit or expand the conquest.

My mind is like a steel sieve.

[This message has been edited by HermannTLombard (edited 09-17-2009 @ 05:09 PM).]

nerdydodge
Mariner
posted 09-14-09 10:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
In my Maratha campaign with the latest patch the French took Tripoli and then expanded to wipe out all of the Barbary States. Oddly enough the Spanish haven't take Gibraltar, so Morroco might end up in French hands too.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames