We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Naval Battles
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Naval Battles » Admirals
Bottom
Topic Subject:Admirals
the_spede
Mariner
posted 04-17-09 04:42 PM EDT (US)         
SimilarHas anyone else noticed that occasionaly some of the admirals you recruit are famous ones from the period. As far as I can tell they give no special bonus or have better stats. I have found Collingwood and Sir John Jervis recruited in around 1775. Has anyone else found others? Nelson? Also do you get famous generals?

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best - Voltaire
`•.ΈΈ.•΄΄―`••._.•
War does not determine who is right - only who is left - Bertrand Russell
`•.ΈΈ.•΄΄―`••._.•
It helps to have Spede when attacking the enemy
AuthorReplies:
Mr_Jr
Mariner
posted 04-17-09 06:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
In regards to that of famous people of the the time periods, I actually did receieve one of my own that I could tell. During my first campaign, which was a Prussian campaign, the famous military officer Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben join my armies as a general, and was actually one my best generals. The thing about it was that he was also one of my favorite historic military officers, for as you know one thing he was famous for was teaching the Americans quite a bit about Prussian drill tatics, and the military methods along with disciplinting them. Though as the United States was not in my campaign, he stayed with Prussia, I kept him in Europe for the time being, and sent him, for the most part, throughout Europe's many regions. Quite a fine first campaign experience, one of the many Prussians I think about with this game, and with that, I wonder if there is a chance where one of the kings can become Frederick the Great, perhaps this also works with nations's leaders, hopefully someone can test, or report on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Wilhelm_von_Steuben

He went through alot he did, and encountered much.

[This message has been edited by Mr_Jr (edited 04-17-2009 @ 06:26 PM).]

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-18-09 04:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I haven't recognised any historic admirals yet (but then I now only one or two), but I did have a few famous scientist appear as gentlemen. I also remember CA once said Napoleon could appear in the game.

Hussarknight
mrhankisthrone
Mariner
posted 04-18-09 11:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I had Voltaire.

I also had a government administrator with the last name of Napoleon just after going Republic. I don't think I even had Corsica conquered at that time, but I did have at least one Italian territory.
Boetje
Mariner
posted 04-18-09 01:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I only had this with gentlemen too. I had Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, at the age of 83...

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
Don Xavier
Mariner
posted 08-20-09 09:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
As Spain I had Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta, be recruited for me as an admiral, normally he is the first admiral you recruit but I noticed that since 1.3 its more random
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-20-09 06:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Any similarity with real admirals is accidental. The names are taken out of a database and randomly assigned. Shame really.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 09-17-09 01:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Ive had Voltair and some other gentelmens. Have had some historical generals, but not all off them became so famoue (walking infront of canon)

But atleast we can meet many historical great generals in the next total war. Like : Napoleon (ofc), Bernadote, and so on.

Admirals: I can only think of Nelson there, that stalking admiral.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
SlashKhan
Mariner
posted 10-05-09 01:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I haven't spotted a famous admiral yet, but at some point in my GB campaign I had David Hume (philosopher) in NA

Oh, and John Churchill popped up as a general in the same campaign, although he wasn't Duke of Marlborough

[This message has been edited by SlashKhan (edited 10-05-2009 @ 02:19 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames