We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » How do I get my foot artillery to run?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I get my foot artillery to run?
Grognir
Mariner
posted 03-03-13 11:14 AM EDT (US)         
Ok, I've noticed this a couple times now - enemy foot artillery running. The walking guns are pushing the wheels of the cannons and it's moving fairly briskly. Maybe not as fast as infantry running, but for sure faster than walking.

Here's a screenshot of French foot artillery running: http://imgur.com/yAdTlma

Is this something only the AI can do? Only the French can do? I've tried double-clicking, hitting R etc for my own foot artillery but they only walk. Thanks!
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-04-13 10:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Good question, I am actually not sure. Guess it could be the AI getting an advantage, though I do not recall seeing AI artillery "running" that often. Assuming the AI isn't getting an advantage, I might have to check out what is happening there (if I can replicate it).
Grognir
Mariner
posted 03-04-13 02:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I should note that these were reinforcements. Indeed, I vaguely recall in other such instances that running artillery were reinforcements as well. Part of their journey in the battle I screenshotted was downhill.

Nonetheless, they are clearly running. The designers made an animation for it, and it's as you might expect: one guy on each side of the cannon, pushing the wheels. Note the screenshot shows the foot artillery almost keeping up with the horse artillery who are slightly further ahead.

Maybe in playtest the human players overused what likely was historically possible only for short periods.
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-05-13 09:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Interesting, sounds like it might be related to the artillery coming in as reinforcements then. You might be right and possibly it is a carry over from a time when foot artillery could move at a "run" speed.
mrbert86
Mariner
posted 06-18-13 09:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I actually think that's just a French thing. They have some unique artillery units that get some significant advantages over regular arty. I can't remember if faster speed is one of them right off the top of my head, but that might be the explanation
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames