We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » veteran militia
Bottom
Topic Subject:veteran militia
leonardo davinci
Mariner
posted 06-03-11 08:01 PM EDT (US)         
hi everybody, i had to defend strasbourg from the wurtemburgers, and i built a square of line infantry that are dug in (with those human-made hills) with 2 generals in the middle. i only had 2 units of firelock armed citizens garrisonede in houses, and 1 unit of militia on the walls. the enemy had lots of provincial cavalry and 6 units of line infantry. once the battle started, my militia fored at some cavalry, but didn't do much damage. then, 2 enemy line infs scale the wall at the place where my militia stands. and my militia (that has socket bayonets) bravely fights them. but after a while, i see they haven't routed yet and even managed to let both lines waver. after a while, one of them routes, but the other still fights. my militia itself started wavering, and had just 23 out of 120 left. it did gain 2 experience points in battle, but didn't have any experience when they started. i thought it would soon rout, but no, they fought till they all died (they took lots of the enemy with them). how come militia so brave? they killed like 160 lines! afterwards i am very sorry i just let them fight to death, and didn't call them back to keep those brave men. but they left the not routed line inf with just 18 men! hope all dutch militia is so brave!

autumn leaves fall;
floating on the coldest wind;
with them, my spirit.
self made japanese death poem

"we shall meet again when the battle is won and the battle is lost. when fair is foul and foul is fair." The Scottish Play, Wiliam Shakespeare
AuthorReplies:
Pitt
Commodore
posted 06-24-11 11:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Units gain morale bonuses when defending fortifications. It's not uncommon for militia and firelock infantry units to fight to the death.

Just don't expect them to be as steadfast when they're engaged in an open battle outside of a fort's walls...

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
leonardo davinci
Mariner
posted 06-25-11 06:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
ah, that explains it. but every time i looked on to the unit it didn't say encouraged fortifications or something like that.

i hope more will fight till death and give me such a victory.

autumn leaves fall;
floating on the coldest wind;
with them, my spirit.
self made japanese death poem

"we shall meet again when the battle is won and the battle is lost. when fair is foul and foul is fair." The Scottish Play, Wiliam Shakespeare
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames