We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » AI just took a dump on me
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI just took a dump on me
Oorah1944
Mariner
posted 01-30-11 00:36 AM EDT (US)         
Okay, so I was fighting a battle outside of Warsaw against an invading Austrian Army. I had WAAYYYYY more units than him, including 3 12lbers to his 2 demis, and a general and 2 regiment of horse t his 2 provincial cav and general. well he started by advancing with his numerically inferior line inf. we both take casualties and he routes. then he flanks my army with his 2 provincial cavalry, so i send all 3 of my nits in to counterattack. all three smash into his one isolated unit. here was the first problem. my units were numerically superior, better trained, and charging, yet he killed more of my men. then he charged his other cavalry unit (also inferior to mine) in and killed my general, routing all of my cavalry. then i used my reinforcements (from Warsaw, i didnt want them in the battle but they came anyway) to kill them. i took even more casualties. at that point they only had 2 demi's and their general left, so i sent my 4 militias up to deal with them, not wanting to put any valuable units into danger. well this is where they really crapped on me. the AI had 6 pardours (or whatever they are) camping behind the arty in a forest and literally right before i got into contact, they decimated my militia and routed them. seriously, since when does the ai keep his light infantry in the back to cover his arty while the rest of his army advances? well, they advanced and started picking off my infantry, and, without any cavalry, i had to charge them, taking even more casualties. i started with 400 more men than them, (700- 1100) but ended with more casualties. since when is the AI this smart?

Semper Fidelis
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts?"- Sergeant Hartmann
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way"- General Patton
"Thou shalt not kill, well hear this, f*** that s***"- Jarhead
OORAH!!
AuthorReplies:
NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 01-30-11 11:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
What difficulty setting?

Didn't you see that the AI had light infantry in the attack/option panel when you engage during campaigns? If you did you should have known that they were still there if you hadn't seen them already on the battlefield.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment

[This message has been edited by NinjXPk (edited 01-30-2011 @ 11:09 AM).]

Oorah1944
Mariner
posted 01-30-11 05:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
VH, and yes i did remember seeing them, but ive never experienced the AI do this before, i mean, most of the time they will send their demi cannons charging at me swords drawn. it just didnt make any sense. has anyone seen that AI do this? Also, how did their 2 units of Provincial Cavalry beat my Generals Bodyguard AND 2 Regiments of Horse? They ran across the entire field and then attacked, i had a charge bonus, and i hit one of them, which was defeating me, and then the other hit. HOW?

Semper Fidelis
OORAH!!

[This message has been edited by Oorah1944 (edited 01-30-2011 @ 05:12 PM).]

NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 01-30-11 05:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Terrain advantage might have had something to do with the cavalry battle. Did your general die? So the enemy calvary was tired? Their calvary attacked you in the back? I have seen this happen before but not with light infantry.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
Pitt
Commodore
posted 01-31-11 10:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Different experience levels may also have had an effect.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Oorah1944
Mariner
posted 02-23-11 06:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Well I'm pretty sure that there was no real terrain difference, it was open and maybe a slight height difference in his favor, but i had almost 150 horses to his 45, and they were beating me. I charged them in the flank, and then is other cavalry charges , hitting my guys in the flank, and routs them after killing my general, but he didnt instantly die. ive noticed on vh that ai cav is MUCH better than yours. i pretty much had every possible factor in my favor but he still won by a landslide

Semper Fidelis
OORAH!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames