We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » Firing Drills
Bottom
Topic Subject:Firing Drills
Oorah1944
Mariner
posted 11-03-10 08:09 PM EDT (US)         
I haven't checked this yet and I was just wondering:
Does the platoon firing drill replace the rank fire drill?
Also, does the fire and advance drill have any use? I used it onece and my units got slaughtered by an enemy charge.

I also have another question concerning deployable defenses. There are five slots, one for infantry earthworks, one for cannon earthworks, and one for anti-cavalry defenses. What are the other two there for?

Semper Fidelis
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts?"- Sergeant Hartmann
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way"- General Patton
"Thou shalt not kill, well hear this, f*** that s***"- Jarhead
OORAH!!

[This message has been edited by oorah1944 (edited 11-04-2010 @ 05:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
ccgr1121
Mariner
posted 11-05-10 01:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Platoon firing is for elite units only, royal guards etc. Bog-Standard Line infantry still have fire by rank, although I think that elite units at least should be able to swap between them. I have no idea why anyone would ever use fire and advance personally.

As for defenses, one is the fougasse (a huge bomb requiring light infantry) and the other is plain landmines-no idea how you get those
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-16-10 07:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I believe the second landmine thing is a fougasse that launches grenades and canister when its triggered. You get it with elite light infantry like riflemen or Prussian jaegers.

Fire and advance works best while storming a fort, they advance but still fire to kill people on the wall.(I am not saying this is better than just running and using grapples)
Warlord_Meenos
Mariner
posted 01-17-11 04:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Fire and advance can be used as a slow fire by line for elite infantry, it also put the unit in a slightly loose formation...

[This message has been edited by Warlord_Meenos (edited 01-21-2011 @ 01:57 AM).]

Ecthelion
Mariner
(id: p90pro)
posted 07-15-11 07:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Are you sure? I'm pretty certain that the fougasse is the spiked log for blocking cavalry.

The other two traps.
One comes from light infantry and the other from grenadiers. Being able to use them depends on how long that army has been entrenched (stakes popping up on the campaign map around the army). I think you only get to deploy them if you have been entrenched for more that two turns.

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames