We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » More Accurate Battle Outcomes
Bottom
Topic Subject:More Accurate Battle Outcomes
Scarvie
Mariner
posted 10-10-10 07:36 AM EDT (US)         
Hi,

As Phalanxkiller and others note here: http://etw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,8705,,30

it is possible (and I'm sure everyone has experienced it) to have an epic battle where perhaps you are outnumbered, out-gunned, or just outsmarted (hopefully not) by the comp. Your soldiers are wiped out to a man, but boy did you make them pay...

The stats screen which follows the battle is a huge slap in the face, the computer spits in the face of your heroic soldiers when it states: "Clear Defeat".

I'd like to see a "Heroic Defeat" outcome for the battle, where the cpmputer graciously acknowledges the fight you put up, allowing both parties to feel there was some worth the vain efforts of so many fallen warriors.

Anyone agree?
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10-10-10 09:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Agreed. It can be annoying to get a negative message when the battle has been succesful. Victory isn't the only valid goal in battle, taking as many enemies with you as possible can (under the right circumstances) be a much better goal. Shame the game doesn't pick that up.

Hussarknight
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-16-10 07:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Napoleon Total War has a Valiant defeat screen, but i have never seen it in Empire.
Warguppy
Mariner
posted 12-20-10 11:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Yes a "Heroic Defeat" outcome would be good and I wish there was a "Pyrrhic Victory" as well- when you win but you lost 75% of your troops doing it, or something on that order.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames