We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » Fire by rank not available in battles
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fire by rank not available in battles
fouryoghurts
Mariner
posted 06-06-10 04:05 PM EDT (US)         
I have researched 'fire by rank' in both the 3rd and 4th chapters of the road to independence campaign yet I am unable to use it during a land battle.

Do I need to retrain my line infantry to enable this? Not super obvious.

Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 06-07-10 05:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Your line infantry (note: only line infantry can use fire by rank) should use fire by rank

Maybe it has to do with the fact that you are playing road to independence where you cannot change certain things

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
fouryoghurts
Mariner
posted 07-27-10 11:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Hi there,

I'm now playing the grand campaign and have researched 'fire by rank'. The option to use this firing mode is still unavailable during battles.
Could it only the troops that are trained from the 'military drill school building' (level 3 barracks or something) and higher that have this ability? Maybe I need to send my existing line infantry back to a sufficiently upgraded barracks to retrain? This really isn't clear.
Hopefully someone can tell me where I'm going wrong.

I'm running the game on windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 07-29-10 11:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Just so you guys know, Maratha line infantry cannot use fire by rank

There is no option to use fire by rank, all your line infantry should automatically use it.

Perhaps this is because you do not observe your troops well enough in battle so to you it seems that they are not using fire by rank. Watch more closely. If enemy troops run out of range before your line gets a chance for a second shot, that might be it.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames