We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » Does the AI have unlimited funds?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does the AI have unlimited funds?
Sublime_Porte
Mariner
posted 05-23-10 06:44 AM EDT (US)         
Does the AI cheat and have unlimited funds to maintain huge armies and fleets. I'm currently playing as the Ottomans and I've conquered all the Caucasus, Persia, Afghanistan, and all India, yet I have to be careful about spending on military units. I have only two reasonable full stack armies and I'm bringing in about 22K a turn. I'm on turn 47.

I'm looking to conquer Malta to use its dock for a killer navy. Let's look at the K-of St.John. They have one city only, no allies and no trade links, so how come they have a full stack army of Line Infantry and a huge fleet, including four 4th rate ships???? I own one and a half theatres and I have to be careful on my spending but the AI manages to sustain huge forces on seemingly nothing!!

Also, Russia is down to only four poxy provinces and still has two full stacks or Line Infantry. How???

I've come to the conclusion that the AI cheats....or at the very least gets massive subsidies. It makes the game more challenging but its a tad unfair.

Does anyone else find this?

Cheers.
AuthorReplies:
NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 05-23-10 11:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
This sort of depends on the difficult settings. If you set it to harder, the AI will get money more easily, or I assume such.

The AI defenitely DOES NOT have unlimited funds otherwise you could not economically blockade them.

Just because Malta has a full stack doesnt mean they have the money for it, they could just be losing money. Or they could have a really good minister which reduces the cost of the army. Or the army is a bunch of cheap units.

I'm not really sure on this one. The AI probably does have an easier time making money but they dont have unlimited funds.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
Sublime_Porte
Mariner
posted 05-23-10 01:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Thanks for the comments!! I'm in the middle of building some battleships to blockade him and sink his pesky 4th Rates! I didn't think that the K-of St.John could just be losing money and building up a budget deficit. Hmm....that sounds familiar doesn't it. I'll unleash my Cedit I Infantry on the island if I can land the damn things!

Cheers.
Thrashmad
Mariner
posted 05-25-10 04:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
The AI pays lower upkeep for their soldiers than you do on the higher difficulty levels. It might be cheaper for them to train them to, I don't remember. You can check this by left-clicking on a enemy barrack an then on one of the units there. You can still damage the enemies economy, but it will be harder. Through blockades and sabotage I managed to make Spain go bankrupt once. that means their units will get depleted as soldiers desert.

And welcome to the forum!

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

[This message has been edited by Thrashmad (edited 05-25-2010 @ 04:46 AM).]

Sublime_Porte
Mariner
posted 05-26-10 02:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Thanks Thrashmad for the post and for the welcome to the Forum which is very interesting reading.

I will certainly bear your comments in mind and I was very interested to read that when an ememy power goes bankrupt it's units will get depleted as soldiers desert. A good ploy.

Cheers.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames