We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » veterancy
Bottom
Topic Subject:veterancy
pickledpickles
Mariner
posted 05-20-10 10:04 PM EDT (US)         
so sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, and if it has, please link me to it.

so anyways i had a couple ofquestion about veterancy.

1.) what dtermines the veternacy gained through battles? Is it just kills, or loses, or how many bullets fired, or what? because i have gone through battles where one of my units kill 300 enemies, and lost 30 guys, and ditn move up fomr vet 2. while some other squad killed like 200 guys, and lost a hundred guys, and went up 3 levels.

2.) what are the benfits of vetrancy, because it no longer shows it in the units description. Im mainly refering to the veterancy gained by line inf.

3.) If i have a vet 4 squad which i down to 30 guys, is it better to merge it with another squad of similar vet levels, or just reinforce as normal?

thanks a lot in advance
AuthorReplies:
NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 05-21-10 10:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
BTW, veterancy is measure in chevrons(those little lines)

1. I believe the veterancy of a unit depends on how many enemies they kill. I think they gain more veterency through melee fights. I am not completely sure but it might also have to do with kill/death ratio. Please check again if thats right, i would think that more kills equal more chevrons.

2. The more chevrons a unit has, the longer it will last in a fight. It may not show up in the unit review but they will have higher morale and slightly higher stats. Main benifit is that in a melee fight, they will lose very few units while inflicting massive damage on the enemy.

3. This is really up to you. I would probably reinforce both because when you merge units, their veterancy is averaged.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
Thrashmad
Mariner
posted 05-22-10 10:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
You can see the affects of experience if you check the units stats in battle. According to Spraetter's Guide to Total War, land unit gets +2 to accuracy and reloading skill, +1 to melee attack and defence and +0.5 to morale (i.e. for every two chevrons the unit will get +1 morale). Also this is the requirements to get experience:

First Chevron: 70 kills
Second Chevron: 300 kills
Third Chevron: 600 kills
Fourth Chevron: 1000 kills
Fifth Chevron: 1500 kills
Sixth Chevron: 2100 kills

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 05-22-10 07:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Hello

Is that a total or do you have to get 2100 kills in one battle for a sixth chevron???

Thanks

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
pickledpickles
Mariner
posted 05-22-10 09:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
is that the same for every unit in the game? or is this just for line inf?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 05-23-10 03:54 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
That's not right. We know it's not right, because when you retrain the experience of a unit can decrease.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Dark as Silver
Mariner
posted 05-24-10 01:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
That's not right. We know it's not right, because when you retrain the experience of a unit can decrease.
That happens when you merge units rather than retraining them.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 05-24-10 01:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Works with retraining too, I'm afraid. I've had the 5chev Coldstreamers go down to two when being retrained up from about 10 men.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames