We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » Dahomey Amazons - do you like them?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dahomey Amazons - do you like them?
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-03-10 03:44 PM EDT (US)         
I decided to give Dahomey Amazons a go and they make fantastic light/line infantry hybrids. They've got higher numbers than light infantry but longer range and better accuracy than line infantry. It's always handy to have a non-line infantry unit that can stand in as a line infantry substitute but they have one key weakness, their low ammo. It feels like they can only do a few volleys before they run out.

Do you guys use them and if so, how?

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

AuthorReplies:
Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 03-03-10 04:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I do use them, but It is more for short duels between troops. They got the same rage as the early light inf as you said and got the number, but they need to end the fight fast if not they are doomed. I actually use them sometimes in early multiplayer.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-03-10 04:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I actually got buggered by them when I was trying to take out Austria, which had migrated to Africa for God knows reason. My beautiful, pristine line of householders

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
GundamMerc
Mariner
posted 03-03-10 04:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I would have loved to see how that happened.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-04-10 03:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I don't use them loads, but they do supplement line infantry very nicely even able to fill a gap in your battle line and act as line infantry if need be. More often than not they'll be on my flanks in my armies though.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Dark as Silver
Mariner
posted 04-24-10 02:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I always find them invaluable as the Mahrata because otherwise they get nothing like light troops.
They can also be quite useful if you want to trick an enemy into attacking your art or a flank or you can use them as normal light inf because of their range. I always found that if they do lose their ammmo they can still clear a way the last enemy light inf with bayonets.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames