We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » Mid air collision
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mid air collision
hunter22
Mariner
posted 12-19-09 10:28 PM EDT (US)         
alright i had a 24 pounder and so did my oppenent well i fired then he fired then KABOOM our cannon balls hit in mid air.is this normal and historicsly accurate or is it just a one time thing plus it was a awesome fireworks finale
AuthorReplies:
AeonofHorus
Mariner
posted 12-21-09 00:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Pics or it didnt happen
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-21-09 02:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
While it can happen it won't happen often. In ETW each missiles is individually modeled which means it will be stopped by other objects like trees or cannonballs.

You haven't got a picture by any chance do you?

Hussarknight
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-21-09 02:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
is it just a one time thing
I reckon it is possible because within the game, cannonballs are objects with size and mass. When they collide with objects, there is visible impact, be those objects men, buildings, trees, etc.

It wouldn't make sense to have cannonballs then treat each other as objects with no mass and pass through each other.

Congratulations. You've seen something that is likely to be very, very rare in the game.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-21-09 02:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Weird that both of us typed the same reply at the same time.

Edit: like an extra-ironic seraph mid-air collision!

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 12-22-2009 @ 03:30 AM).]

Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 12-21-09 05:54 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Wow, must been an amazing sight to see.

I actually think it happend, dont need pics to prove it. Either we trust him and belive, or else we dont trust him and dont belive.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
rferrier
Mariner
posted 12-21-09 11:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I'd like to see a pic, just because I'd like to see one.
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-22-09 11:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Did you happen to record the video i bet the cannon ball collision is awesome

You know what would be nice to see, Percussion shells hitting each other!

Rangers Lead the Way!
Cancer of the Head
Mariner
(id: say1988)
posted 12-27-09 12:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
is this normal and historicsly accurate or is it just a one time thing
I would say all three.
Though highly unlikely historically or in game, it most likely happened on rare occasions.
Cpt Eaton
Mariner
posted 01-09-10 02:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Historically this probably was not recorded in text books but, i bet that this happened many times in artillery battle though it is ver y rare, it just makes empire total war that much more realistic.

Cpt. Eaton
TKwarrior17
Mariner
posted 02-14-10 01:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Often, with shrapnel shot, cannon fire did make massive firework-like explosions in the air. For round shot to collide is a different explosion. For the most part, 18th century round shot was just big lead balls, unlike the incendiary type that artilley used in Napoleonic times and beyond. Upon collision, they would likely not make much of an explosion. Rather, their courses would be altered, depending on the directions the shots came from. A loud noise would likely be heard, something like the twisting of metal, or a loud bang, but no explosion.

And I'm with rferrier. I would like to see a pic just to see one.

[This message has been edited by tkwarrior17 (edited 02-14-2010 @ 01:17 AM).]

USAspecops
Mariner
posted 02-14-10 11:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
It is actually not that unreasonable. I mean I personally have seen two musket balls fused from hitting. Cannon shot would be less likely then that but I am sure it happened.
TKwarrior17
Mariner
posted 03-01-10 11:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
I'm not saying it's unreasonable. I'm saying there wouldn't be an explosion if it was round shot. And I'm also saying a screenshot would be very, very cool.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire: Total War Heaven | HeavenGames