We’re sorry but we are currently still working on support for IE6 because of its non-compliance with common web standards. In the meantime, please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

TWH »

Empire: Total War Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Land Battle Discussion » worst unit
Bottom
Topic Subject:worst unit
hunter22
Mariner
posted 12-08-09 06:12 PM EDT (US)         
Alright,I looked around and there aren't any post on this subject.There are best units but I want to know what you think is the worst unit to have.Mine is personally I dislike the Winged Hussars.To me they seem to get tired to easily,get killed to easily,and they are to freakin slow.
AuthorReplies:
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-08-09 08:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
Line infantry, because nothing's worse than standing in long visible lines, wearing brightly colored uniforms, and waiting your turn to get shot at.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”
hunter22
Mariner
posted 12-08-09 08:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
but they are expendable and take the shots so you can outflank the enemy
NinjXPk
Mariner
posted 12-08-09 09:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
the worst unit of all is of course malitia
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-08-09 10:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
the worst unit of all is of course malitia
How dare ye diss the beret!

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”
Pitt
Commodore
posted 12-09-09 02:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
Armed Mobs or Landless Rabble.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-09-09 10:07 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
For me militia are the worst. They don't provide much of a punch in melee or ranged combat. I even prefer armed citizens over them since at least you don't have to pay for those.

Hussarknight
Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 11:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
I love militas, good for sucide missions, holding buildings. Hell i even took all the south american provinces with those guys. And the islands. But they got their ass wiped hard in North America against natives.

Worst unit? hmm that must be provincial cavalery, cant fight good, ok for scouting, a bit exspensive upkeep if i recall right. Atleast for the power they give.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
Army Ranger
Mariner
posted 12-09-09 11:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
The Ottoman sword Jannisarrys the only come with 40 men and expensive too.

Rangers Lead the Way!
hunter22
Mariner
posted 12-10-09 06:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
I change mine mine is 6 pounder horse artillery they suck
KO66
Banned
posted 12-11-09 05:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
I only like Long Rifle Men in large armies because they need backup otherwise they route super easily.

And they cost almost as much as Line Infantry which are able to inflict and take much more damage in a smaller battles. Which occur more often than full army battles.

I've just used Light Infantry for my long shooters now and they seem better all around then the Long Rifle men and they cost less. So I'm Happy
Sondre_norge
Mariner
posted 12-11-09 08:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
Hunter, the 6 liber cannons is super good if you can controle it. Send it with 1-2 units of cav to capture an high point on map. (they are very very fast same speed as cav i think)

It is a bit weakers than normal cannons, but its speed pay up for the 6 liber. Ohh and if you think 6 liber really suck that hard, dont try the 3 liber =P

Personally i love them, only problem is that you get them late in game.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
hunter22
Mariner
posted 12-11-09 08:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
That is why i dont like them to late in the game i know how to use them to
Dark as Silver
Mariner
posted 04-23-10 01:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
I don't like the winged hussars personally, other lancers have the same charge bonus, other heavy cav have the same melle stats,and they are all so ridiculously expensive.
Millita you can just use as a meat sheild so I find even they're better.
L_Clan_Xerxes
Mariner
posted 05-05-10 02:32 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
Light infantry, mayb its because I never had any use for them in battle... Too vulnerable to cavalry and when you send them out to pick off units with their range, they're very easy targets for cav.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 05-11-10 06:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Conscripts. When playing as Venice they cost a fortune and barely manage the same job as the militia, slightly better at firing their guns but weaker in combat and less ammo.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
TKwarrior17
Mariner
posted 05-13-10 00:52 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
I hate all Ottoman infantry units. They cost twice as much to maintain as European troops and they can't even fire by rank. Only the Nizam-I Cedit infantry are worthy of use.

P.S. - actually, I like Semenys with the DMUC expansion. The unit sizes are increased to 450 and their upkeep is only 130g. Basically, you can train a massive horde twice the size of a European army for half the cost. Their morale sucks though. :/
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 05-14-10 04:41 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
When I played as the Mughals I thought their 'Mob' unit was actually really useful. It consists of 200 peasants with pitchforks but the sheer numbers completely overwhelm whatever they're fighting and above all else they are expendable so I don't need to risk my precious Hindu Musketeers to canister if my meat shield mob goes into melee first.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
TKwarrior17
Mariner
posted 05-14-10 02:24 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
Haha we are so evil, Afty.

[This message has been edited by tkwarrior17 (edited 05-14-2010 @ 02:24 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: